Hot and Cool Pickup

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarat

When I was a teen I remembered seeing a truck like this, a maroon colored one, sitting at an Atlantic gas station in Rockledge PA just outside of Phila during the summers in the late 60's on the way to work as a mason labor with my father and uncles.

So in 1970, I was about to head to Florida, and I finally got to meet an uncle of mine who was a commercial artist, part of the team that did the winged Monroe shock absorber logo, and also a hot rodder.

He built a 1941 Ford pickup truck, which was featured in Rod And Custom magazine 1956. Back then it was called "Rod Builder and Customizer" He had a few copies of the magazine and he gave me a copy, which I finally dug out, and have posted for your enjoyment looksee blast from the past. Now forgive me, I have the same last name, so I bleeped it out in these scans and paintshop.

As I was leaving I asked him about the truck and where it ended up. He told me it was now painted maroon, sitting at an Atlantic gas station at the corner of Oxford and Pine, Rockledge PA.

:)

Attachments

• RC 1.jpg
    RC 1.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 21
  • RC2.jpg
    RC2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 19
  • AL C 1.jpg
    AL C 1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Al C 2.jpg
    Al C 2.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 24
  • AL C 3.jpg
    AL C 3.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 21
  • AL C 4.jpg
    AL C 4.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Great story lazarat. Both if them. I was hoping you ended up with the truck. [cl

I lusted after a 41 in the early 70s, too. My brother-in-law (at the time) had one in a pile in his backyard. Every time I saw it, I told him I would buy it when he was ready to sell. He traded for a bag of green stuff. [S:confused:

Great story lazarat. Both if them. I was hoping you ended up with the truck. [cl

I lusted after a 41 in the early 70s, too. My brother-in-law (at the time) had one in a pile in his backyard. Every time I saw it, I told him I would buy it when he was ready to sell. He traded for a bag of green stuff. [S:confused:

Must have been good stuff!...[ddd

40-41 Ford pickups are the best looking ones IMHO.[cl[cl[cl
Always wanted one, missed out by $50 on one that was on eBay a few years ago. Haven't seen another close enough to me that I could afford since then.

Your story reminds me of a 40 Ford coupe I was tracking a few years ago. It was an old drag car, got put back on the street, ended up wrecked, then an old bodyman rebuilt it. It then changed hands a few times, then a friend had it for several years before he sold it to another guy who still has it. My friend gave me the history on it after he had sold it, I never knew it was the same car! I couldn't afford it when he got rid of it, the now owner has had it probably 25 years now, and I bet he hasn't put 1500 miles on it in that time, he never drives it over 5-6 miles at a time, two or three times a year. Stays in a building the rest of the time.

Latest posts

Back