Another Build ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More beating on it

You have to look at this with a 22" shorter chassis, putting rear wheels in the right place:D
Is it recommended to strip the chassis for shorting[S
Small: actually there is a lot of room in there :p
This is about what i was shooting for, all comments accepted with grace[cl

Thanks for looking[P

Attachments

• LUV 048.jpg
    LUV 048.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 45
You have to look at this with a 22" shorter chassis, putting rear wheels in the right place:D
Is it recommended to strip the chassis for shorting[S
Small: actually there is a lot of room in there :p
This is about what i was shooting for, all comments accepted with grace[cl

Thanks for looking[P

What do you mean by "strip the chassis for shorting"?

attachment.php

Attachments

• LUV 048 - Copy.jpg
    LUV 048 - Copy.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 65
So, this is going to be an 80-inch wheelbase, then? Be sure to file a flight plan before your first test drive. :D

Thanks Guys

I love when you're peers give you thumbs up [cl (I'm not crazy)

DozerII: I hope to have a chance to do just that :eek:
Wheelie Bars [S :cool:

DR.C: Thanks, I was hoping you would do just that, YOU ROCK!!:p
What I mean is, body off (DA), drivetrain out, axles off, ect [S

bob w: That was the plan, but i'm thinking a little different angle [S also doing
the hood, front piece over radiator, back piece in front of windshield.[S

Skip: 84" actually :rolleyes:

DR.C: Thanks, I was hoping you would do just that, YOU ROCK!!:p
What I mean is, body off (DA), drivetrain out, axles off, ect [S

My pleasure, soltz. (I'm glad you like it.)

If it were my project, I'd strip the frame bare naked and measure it six ways from Sunday. If it's straight, level and square... measure, cut, splice and check measurements repeatedly along the way.

I was hoping to not take the front end apart but, it does make sense. Now that I know how it will turn out it's a good motivator ,tanks.[cl

You don't have to take it all apart. That's just how I'd do it, because I'm fussy to the 16th and I'd probably roll/flip it in order to weld all sides, depending on the splice method.

If you're happy it's straight, square and level... leave it on its wheels, whack a chunk out and marry the halves.

You don't have to take it all apart. That's just how I'd do it, because I'm fussy to the 16th and I'd probably roll/flip it in order to weld all sides, depending on the splice method.

If you're happy it's straight, square and level... leave it on its wheels, whack a chunk out and marry the halves.

You remind me of my brother, he creates things like a machinist, I create things like a black smith :rolleyes:
I have to put every thing on holed for a while, I've been told we're moving to ANIMAL'S part of the woods, Durango Colorado. I have to keep it rolling until I get some place to work on it. :( So I have time to think.
Thanks for every thing [cl

Latest posts

Back