fresh thinking photos

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
364348754_8TVii-L.jpg

364381608_sRzrC-L.jpg

I talked to a guy at Goodguys in Des Moines, Ia, who had a similiar R & P setup and he liked it a lot.

Me and my bike in fron tof an old "mail"truck..pretty cool rig..gonna have to go there again and get more ideas..they got a few rides like this..

Attachments

• IMGP0913.jpg
    IMGP0913.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 293
Guess what these are made from ?

Attachments

• 100_1118.jpg
    100_1118.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 321
  • 100_1117.jpg
    100_1117.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 334

Here you go Gastrick & Earthman. Sorry it took a while but handpainting this thing took me longer than I anticipated. The Red & Yellow pattern is from the 357th Fighter Group, 8th Air Force, from WWII. Specifically in honor of "Ace" Fighter Pilot Capt. Clarence "Bud" Anderson's P-51 Mustang nose art. It's a long story but his plane has become a huge inspiration to me. The yellow looks washed out because of the bright light but it's actually really bright yellow.

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Allis Chalmers Tractor Grill 002.jpg
    Allis Chalmers Tractor Grill 002.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Allis Chalmers Tractor Grill 003.jpg
    Allis Chalmers Tractor Grill 003.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 80
  • Allis Chalmers Tractor Grill 005.jpg
    Allis Chalmers Tractor Grill 005.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 122
That's awesome T-1. Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. I really like it...and the story behind it.

Thanks Gastrick! :D Yeah, it has that crash test look to it too! The real reason behind it is the P-51 Mustang though. Thanks to you too, Moronthethrottle. I found a nice propeller hood ornament that would look kind cool but it got away from me on paybay.

Great tribute to one of our greatest fighter pilots, T1. Any plans for a continuation of the "Old Crow" theme ?

Any comments - ANYBODY??? Sometimes I wonder why I post pictures on here?? Even negative feedback is better than no feedback.

Looks allsome!

I love airplane art!

My great uncle flew the Hump in the CBI Theater in WWII. Wrote a book about it. The B-24's in his squadron had some cool art on them.

Latest posts

Back