model A coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finally able to get back to this one.

started to put the visor on and the fitment was not up to par, so i had to trim the ends off and make them fit right. had to make a couple pieces for it to make it work

one side fitting better

and now for the fun part. the owner wanted to louver the hood, and the visor and wanted them to line up with the louvers on the decklid. easy enough. so then i remembered i had started shaping an aluminum insert for a buddys coupe that we never finished. so why not finish it and put it on this coupe and louver it to death and make them all match. so here is where i was after 2 days worth of shaping, and louvering. still needs a little fine tuning but looking good

Excellent work as always, what type of louver press do you have. That's something on my wish list but I want one big enough to do panels like those.

the louver press is pretty much just made at the shop. about 5 years ago i bought one of the lowbuck louver press die kits and they looked like crap. so i through out the dies and made my own

the louvered panel is/ will be the top. he wants to get a white tuck and roll top that will button snap over the top if it rains or if he just wants a different look. the good thing about it being aluminum is if he ever gets sick of the louveres he can just un screw it and take it off.

Rear wishbones

Hey Mike:
Wondering if you are planning to use the stock differential and wishbones. Im working on a 30 coupe and am faced with the same possibility. Ive never considered using the factory diff,, being that it was an enclosed axle. Ive been thinking about an upgraded rear and using the wishbones and just fabbing brackets for the axle tubes instead of attaching to the backing plate.Any ideas? Thanks in advance and enjoy looking at your fine work here. Dan

Hey Mike:
Wondering if you are planning to use the stock differential and wishbones. Im working on a 30 coupe and am faced with the same possibility. Ive never considered using the factory diff,, being that it was an enclosed axle. Ive been thinking about an upgraded rear and using the wishbones and just fabbing brackets for the axle tubes instead of attaching to the backing plate.Any ideas? Thanks in advance and enjoy looking at your fine work here. Dan

you can run the stock rear end and convert it to open drive, or run a later model rear end with bones. the only thing you would need to add is a torque arm or upper links. the original bones are not meant to handle torque thats why it had a torque tube around the drive shaft.

thanks for all the kind words. just doing the best a kid can do

so i guess i have forgot to update this thread lol. but here is the car pretty much finished up. turned out really nice. it was just at Cincinnati cavalcade of customs. won 2nd place in its class and best interior in survivors alley. Mikey Brown did the interior work and it turned out great

I'd say you forgot. 3 years later :rolleyes:
Man, if that took second, what the heck was first place :)
That baby is beautiful. Way to go [cl[cl[cl

Over the top!! What a beautiful car and just begging to be driven, unlike a lot of "show" cars
I have to ask about the cowl steering. I tried to mount my box high like that and now way could I get the steering geometry close to livable with a pitman arm that long.

Latest posts

Back