This cold snap can end anytime

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
small: Some time back, I had notions to build an airboat. Somebody in zzrodder's territory designed and built them. He'd sell plans, pre-cut kits, parts, templates, finished boats, whatever you want...

Anyhow, he claimed his BBC version would do 70 MPH on smooth water... naturally, I wondered what it would do on a frozen lake. [ddd

Those things make me cringe. Had a airboat friendly lodge just across the highway in Willow and those knotheads would be tearing up the river with open pipes as soon as it was light (3 in the morning). Here's a clue, if you have to wear hearing protection to pilot the thing, the neighbors probably don't want to hear it either. Sorry for the rant, I hate the noise.

Those things make me cringe. Had a airboat friendly lodge just across the highway in Willow and those knotheads would be tearing up the river with open pipes as soon as it was light (3 in the morning). Here's a clue, if you have to wear hearing protection to pilot the thing, the neighbors probably don't want to hear it either. Sorry for the rant, I hate the noise.

Yessir, they are noisy! The main reason behind the restrictions in any area is probably that. I'm sure if they ran open pipes they would be extra noisy. Problem is, even muffled down as all mine were, you get more noise from the prop than you do from pipes. The game and fish people handle lots of issues down here related to complaints about them. They don't have to be noisy, but there is an amount of noise coming from any motor and it depends on how it's rigged and how it's run as to how much "noise" is produced. Then add the whine of a fiber prop or the whop of a wooden prop...

Whoooaaa, Smallfoot, I am just starting to redo a Ferguson and was thinking of putting a wee bit bigger motor in it. Then I got cautious and said no, stay stock. Now you've got me going sideways, ---- again.
These two Fergies are going to go together and come alive. ----Probably not with a V-twelve.

Attachments

• IMG_1889.jpg
    IMG_1889.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1046.jpg
    IMG_1046.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 17
Nice video Smallfoot.[cl:D:cool:
Back in 1978 when I was working at a Cadillac dealership body shop we had a customer that had a 1969 Eldorado set up with a snow plow on it.:eek:
With the front wheel drive and all that weight, plus studded front tires that thing could push some snow.:cool: [cl
Torchie
p.s.
We are at -16 here again this morning and our winter snowfall so far has just reached about 10 feet. :)
Torchie

Nice video Smallfoot.[cl:D:cool:
p.s.
We are at -16 here again this morning and our winter snowfall so far has just reached about 10 feet. :)
Torchie
OK. I'll quit whining about the nasty weather in my area.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Just thinking about it. :eek:

OK. I'll quit whining about the nasty weather in my area.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Just thinking about it. :eek:

We are supposed to start getting back to the 20's tomorrow and even warmer on Monday Skip.[cl
Hoping to get back into the shop to resume work on the boat project.:D
Torchie

A few degrees above freezing here today. (Stark contrast to the -35° temps we've had the last couple weeks.)

T-shirt weather for this polar bear!

8 below this morning. 35 in the garage. The oil tanks for the garage froze up for the second time in a week. I have about 200 gallons in the tanks and enough Diesel 911 and Howes to treat over 500 gallons.

Dozer, I'm guessing that you get your weather mostly from the west. So, because I live somewhat west of you, I can forecast your future weather. Pull your eartabs down, mister. Yesterday the temperature kept dropping and this morning it was -43C* or -45F* when I got up. It is bright and cheery outside, though, ------- if you're inside, looking out.

Latest posts

Back