How do you insure your Rat Rods??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikec4193

Hi everyone

As the title says...who do you guys get to insure your rat rods???...Mine is not ready for the road yet but my 1947 CJ2A Jeep is and no one wants to insure it...they all want to "pleasure or club driving only" (so says Hagerty, Grundy and American Classics too)....I have been told by Liberty Mutual and State Farm they don't insure anything that old either...I told all these people I want to drive it to my job which is like 22 miles round trip....I built this vehicle to be a daily driver...all stock too....

So where can I find car insurance for a 65 year old vehicle so I can legally drive it to my job??? I am trying now for some coverage from JC Taylor but they are very blunt in their language too...nothing but clubs, parades and stuff like that...

I am at a loss here for sure...

MikeC

Any insight would be great

Although my fun cars are with Hagerty I have never had any issues with insuring older stuff with Geico or Nationwide. Good luck.
Also if you read Hagerty's print is says they do understand you like to drive your car and understand it may be driven more than just events and parades.

Hi Mike. I insured the 54 GMC that I bought from you through my Allstate agent in Albany with Hagerty. Insured as a custom and cost me $130. a year.
Tom

I have plpd thru all state. Mines a 1921 and they didn't put any limits on anything.

Latest posts

Back