I went out walking...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew of 2 people getting killed by wolves. Both were wolf hybreds in captivity and both were due to stupid humans. One woman took her baby into the pen and a wolf jumped up and just put it's mouth on the baby, not really a bite but his fang punctured the babys soft spot. The other one had been poorly cared for and hadn't been off the picket line for over a year. It got loose and came across the street to my neighbors where they were having a birthday party for a little girl. The animal grabbed a shrieking kid by the back of the neck and killed her, then grabbed another kid and was dragging him into the woods when my neighbors teenage son kicked it off the kid. Alaska no longer allows the keeping and breeding of wolves or wolf hybreds but the people still have them and call them a Husky cross.
The woman who went into the pen was going to get prosecuted but before her trial another one of her little tykes wandered off into the woods and they never found him. I think he was about 4. They decided she had suffered enough I guess.

Too many people don't realize wolf hybrids aren't a typical dog. Along with that, I'm a firm believer that most animal attacks are a product of human stupidity. Not that the attacks you mentioned aren't terribly tragic events, but similar to what everyone else said, it's about awareness of the training and attention requirements of the animal, how they're likely to react in certain situations, as well as knowing how to react to them.

My parents have a wolf hybrid and he's a great pet, but he's continually testing his limits and you need to know how to deal with him. He's not your average dog, at all. He's very protective of his family and territory, but is also a very docile and caring dog.

Latest posts

Back