Trailer

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a cool idea but the price is out of my budget and I'd need a bigger one. today one of my nephews borrowed mine because his truck broke down which reminded me that I had to finish reinforcing the floor under the new winch so that is what I'm working on now.

There was a guy here about 15 years ago that was building a truck like that. He took a new 4 wd truck and cut it behind the cab then fabed the back to work like that trailer. He then ran the truck in 4 wd. It did not have a rear drive shaft or a rear end. So now we had a front wheel drive truck. With a drive on rear bed that would lay down flat on the ground. No ramps needed to load or unload just about anything.

I wanted one at the time and had thoughts of closing the rear of it in, much like and enclosed trailer.

That is an awesome idea, but yes the price is quite high for a single car trailer. I would just like a 20' aluminum one right now.

Back in the 70s there was a genius, inventor car collector who took a Toronado front and used the airbag rear suspension from a GM motorhome to make a cool car hauler that he could deflate and lower to the ground

Trailer for your rat rod? :confused:

Rat rods shouldn't be on trailers!

When my truck if finished I plan on traveling around the west to all the Rat Rod shows.....OK with you?:rolleyes:

Attachments

• PC270019.JPG
    PC270019.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 54
All kidding aside that is "one cool trailer"[cl

I liked the old stock car trailers that would shift back onto the ground, but this one got them all beat.

Even if I didn't need it I would build one just to have such a cool trailer;)

its a cool concept.. I have seen some mini truck guys make custom trailers for getting their rides on that were very similar to this concept.. 16k is a bit pricey though

its a cool concept.. I have seen some mini truck guys make custom trailers for getting their rides on that were very similar to this concept.. 16k is a bit pricey though

Yes 16 k is a lot.....I think I could do it for about $2,500. but being retired I don't count labor.

We looked at a similar trailer at Turkey Run this year, they are very cool. The bed drops right down to the ground so you can drive right on with no ramps.

My Son's rpu is so low we have to remove the trailer from the tow vehicle, jack the front of the tongue really high so the angle of the ramps is not so severe, and then he can drive his car onto the trailer. It is a real pain so one of these new type trailers would make it much easier.

Now I just have to win the lottery. :(

Don

My first thought was it is a cool concept. Then I thought I would need one that is rated for 7500 lbs due to some of the stuff I move. Then I thought how do you get out of the car with the wheels in the way of opening the doors? Now I'm thinking of an actuator that slides the bed of the trailer back and lets it tilt kinda like a roll back.... Hummm...[;)

Latest posts

Back