Do you guys miss your racing days?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I drag raced for 16 years or so. I miss the people, the feeling when I let the clutch out at 7000 RPM and the front end up in the air for 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear change. I do not miss the expense to maintain the car and the gas/fuel bill when I went to a lot of the races out of state.

Raced motocross, Street stocks on a dirt track, Go-karts (champ kart) and have done a little bracket racing. To be honest the only one I really miss is Motocross and that's because I'm just too darn old to do 40' double jumps now days. I can still bracket race the 442 when I'm in the mood. The karts and street stock cost way to much now days.

I miss drag racing so much that I'm taking my streetrodded 38 chevy apart and building a Gasser out of it with a 409 and turbo 400. Got into a streetrod phase in the 90's and junked it all up with mustang 2, ac, power windows, tweed interior, power rack etc. Bought an extra frame and am putting a straight axle back under it, ladder bars in the back, all jacked up to hell. Back the way it was in the 70's when I first bought it, with the exception of the 09.
I got my '50 Chevy to cruise in now to I need something to play with.

YES I MISS IT! So much that I plan to Drag Race (Brackets) my rat when finished. Using as many parts as can off my wagon.

Latest posts

Back