just cool

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gold03

He lives in an "Altered State"!
I had the opportunity to see this wide load go by the other day. Five tractors. one pulling and four pushing. oil patch in Alberta.

Attachments

• IMG_2687.jpg
    IMG_2687.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 82
By the look of the weight boxes on each truck, my guess is they provide traction to get it started...and stopped. Massive looking rig.:)

24 axle trailer - can it turn?

See the little blue cab at the front of the trailer? Usually they have someone sit in there to articulate the trailer wheels on a swivel, so that it goes around corners. Most of these big hauls up here can turn surprisingly well.

That is absolutely amazing ! :eek::eek: Talk about wide loads ! Wonder what that move cost ?

Don

We see these kinds of loads quite frequently, Don! They're not cheap, for sure. They fabricate these big vessels in Edmonton (or further south), then take them for a 300+ Mile ride to Fort McMurray

Around here the red tape and permits would kill you. Not to mention it won't fit under the bridges and you couldn't go over them because they are in such bad shape.

You sure your not from Walker county? I always heard there was a still in every hollow and a body in every well in Walker county. haha.

Nope, Fayette county, but I'm only 6 miles from the Walker county line! :D

Side note, my wife's grandpa was a bootlegger in the 60's and 70's. My Pa in law helped him make whiskey back then. I was actually with a guy who bought some of it before I had even met my wife. That would have been in early 1976, her grandpa passed away in late 76, I met her in Jan 1977.

See the little blue cab at the front of the trailer? Usually they have someone sit in there to articulate the trailer wheels on a swivel, so that it goes around corners. Most of these big hauls up here can turn surprisingly well.

So that is one expensive trailer.

Nope, Fayette county, but I'm only 6 miles from the Walker county line! :D

Side note, my wife's grandpa was a bootlegger in the 60's and 70's. My Pa in law helped him make whiskey back then. I was actually with a guy who bought some of it before I had even met my wife. That would have been in early 1976, her grandpa passed away in late 76, I met her in Jan 1977.

I've got some of that in my history too. If we keep finding things we have in common we may end up being kin.

Latest posts

Back