Let's talk glass

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmlcolorado

To me, glass is a few things. Some of it I can see my pretty face in. Other glass I can see through. Both types are hard and brittle.
Glass, like everything, is what it is, till yup really get into it.
Take tires for example. To the normal Joe, a tire is a tire. Until you have about half a zillion, then you get a preference for brand for one thing or another.
I'm looking to buy two windshields so I can cut them down for my project. I know ther are many different brands of glass used by shops.
My question is, is there one particular brand of glass you like to use? And any you steer away from?

I'm sure this is going to be a slow subject, since not many are buying glass to cut down, so folks don't get as intimate about it like you might tires.

I haven't found any difference in the dozen or so i've tried to cut, price is the main factor for me.
If you have a PGW in you area they have the best price $45, yes forty five, cheapest on e-bay is about $150 and that's not a real bad price [S
The glass is the cheep part of the deal, if you have someone do the cutting they charge quit a bit and i understand that but you pay cracked or not, it's that labor thing.
This is my sprint with try number four and only 11 cracks :p
my F-100 took 10 :eek:

Good luck and let us know what happens [P

Attachments

• PU 007a.BMP
    116.7 KB · Views: 10
  • spr 0426.jpg
    spr 0426.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 12
I haven't found any difference in the dozen or so i've tried to cut, price is the main factor for me.
If you have a PGW in you area they have the best price $45, yes forty five, cheapest on e-bay is about $150 and that's not a real bad price [S
The glass is the cheep part of the deal, if you have someone do the cutting they charge quit a bit and i understand that but you pay cracked or not, it's that labor thing.
This is my sprint with try number four and only 11 cracks :p
my F-100 took 10 :eek:

Good luck and let us know what happens [P

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of.
But at $45, it doesn't sting as much when you crack one.
Is PGW Pittsburgh glass works? If so, yes I do have one.

Latest posts

Back