The great skunk adventure.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great stories.[cl

Never encountered a skunk. Got racoons possums, horned owl etc....and coyotes! Somehow there are a few living in a small wetlands area in back of my house, got three of our cats. so no more cats out at night.

But for awhile though we had a wild boar, from the same wetlands area. Right after we moved into this house, I come out one morning to see a huge area of our lot chewed up. It looked like a plane had crashed. So I set up a game cam.

Got a few pics of the piggy, and a pic of a coyote. The church in back of my house, that owns part of the wetlands had the same problem. trapped the pigs, said they got 7 of them! Wish they could get the coyotes...

EDIT: Added a couple pics for your wildlife enjoyment. One is an eerie pic of one of my now missing cats with friend in background. Don't know what it is...but I can tell you the pole to the left is 4 feet tall

Attachments

• Florida coyote.JPG
    Florida coyote.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 29
  • CDY_0002.JPG
    CDY_0002.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 29
  • hog.jpg
    hog.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Hog2.jpg
    Hog2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
A few years ago my Rottweiler/Akita dog, who by the way was the most passive dog I've ever seen, killed a skunk and brought it in the house after it sprayed him I might add!!!The absolute worse smell ever!!!!😳

I was camping, heard something walking thru the dead leaves in the dark making regular passes. Later woke up to look a skunk straight in the face. I didn't panic and neither did it. Went back to sleep secure in knowing he was out there on patrol keeping my campsite safe. :D

Lazarat, I think you almost got a pic of Bigfoot![ddd:D[ddd:D

I've heard wild hog is good, lean meat. Never tried it myself. We have some Coyotes that visit us sometimes, I've laid in bed and heard them come howling right through the yard. Haven't been able to get a scope on one yet, although I did shoot at one with my .22 pocket gun.....don't think I hit it, but it left anyways.....

Those damn hairy wild pigs are wrecking machines.

I once worked for a guy (Dave) who thought he should raise them. He soon learned they're tough to keep penned and he struggled to stay ahead of their destruction. Sure enough, one day they broke out and went missing for a while...

Dave owned a welding shop and we're all sittin' around having coffee before starting the day's work. The phone rings, Dave goes to his office and answers. He comes back laughing and tells us the story...

The guy on the phone was one of his friends and a neighbor. Apparently, he doesn't swear and rarely gets upset, but when he does, he stutters...

"I f, f, found... your, g, g, god**** pigs. They're in my, my, my... g, g, garden. They ay, ay, ate everything... not a, not a, not a f, f, flipping turnip left.

(Censored for family viewing)

So I'm thinking that wild pig gets processed, packaged, then in the freezer. Next a big smoker, was that you Dozer with the awesome smoker. [S :cool:

Last edited:
Those damn hairy wild pigs are wrecking machines.

I once worked for a guy (Dave) who thought he should raise them. He soon learned they're tough to keep penned and he struggled to stay ahead of their destruction. Sure enough, one day they broke out and went missing for a while...

Dave owned a welding shop and we're all sittin' around having coffee before starting the day's work. The phone rings, Dave goes to his office and answers. He comes back laughing and tells us the story...

The guy on the phone was one of his friends and a neighbor. Apparently, he doesn't swear and rarely gets upset, but when he does, he stutters...

"I f, f, found... your, g, g, god**** pigs. They're in my, my, my... g, g, garden. They ay, ay, ate everything... not a, not a, not a f, f, flipping turnip left.

(Censored for family viewing)

:p:p:p[cl[cl[cl Hilarious rendition of Mr Neighbor!

I heard that the pigs aren't as good as a farm raised because of their diet, grubs etc. The other morning just before sunup I was walking my very strong Lab Shep mix. As I was checking the weather on my phone, something small and black but bigger than a cat ran across my path. I barely got a glimpse of it but it looked like a coyote pup! Had the big ears and the tail...next thing I know my arm is being pulled out my socket by the doggy, and he almost dragged me into the woods chasing his buddy. When I got home he ran right to the far fence line and started barking.

I would think with these critters around here I would see a skunk. Oh...and add armidillos to the mix, always finding the road kill.

Latest posts

Back