1965 Fargo 100

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Terrific

I'm inspired Dozer. This site and several of the builds here have motivated me to try new things. Your suspension work is calling to me. That loop looks like it could be in an art gallery.

I'm inspired Dozer. This site and several of the builds here have motivated me to try new things. Your suspension work is calling to me. That loop looks like it could be in an art gallery.

Thanks Burgerman. Without this site and all the great advice from the experienced members, I would have been at a loss on a lot of procedures in the builds. To be able to inspire you even a little means I'm giving back.

Box is mounted, the mounts were a real time consuming project. I found it pretty amazing, but the second box mounting bolts from the rear fell right into the factory holes on the Chevy frame.:eek:
If the weather improves tomorrow I will roll it outside for some pictures.

First two pics are the cab mounts

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resize of Box and cab mounts 001.JPG
    Resize of Box and cab mounts 001.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 104
  • Resize of Box and cab mounts 003.JPG
    Resize of Box and cab mounts 003.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 102
  • Resize of Box and cab mounts 005.JPG
    Resize of Box and cab mounts 005.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Resize of Box and cab mounts 006.JPG
    Resize of Box and cab mounts 006.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 103
Mounts look great.[cl
It's funny how sometimes parts kind of , almost, interchange between brands. I have always said that the engineers of these different brands of cars must have all hung out at the same bar after work.....[ddd
Torchie

Mounts look great.[cl
It's funny how sometimes parts kind of , almost, interchange between brands. I have always said that the engineers of these different brands of cars must have all hung out at the same bar after work.....[ddd
Torchie

Thanks Torchie, funny part is I shortened the frame 10 inches in the kick-up behind the cab without any consideration of the box bolts.[S

Sure like those welds.

Thanks Burgerman

New adventure in pain

So Saturday night after welding in the box mounts, laying on the floor straining to get my old fat body up high enough to see what I was welding, I had a pain in my neck like a I pulled muscle. Sunday the pain continued getting worse as the day progressed to the point I only slept about an hour Sunday night. Monday morning went to work at 330 AM really shouldn't have, ended up in emergency at 6 AM with what felt like a heart attack. 7 AM i'm on my back in the white van with all the lights headed to the city. By 8:30 AM I have wires and tubes hooked everywhere, the pain in my chest every time I took a breath was worse than anything I had ever experinced. Found out it was my heart, not a heart attack, but a viral infection in the lining of the heart called Pericarditis. Once they figured it out and what drugs to fix it, they had me turned around and back home late yesterday afternoon. Worst part is they have no idea how it happens or why, and once you have had it, it can be chronic. :eek::eek:

Last edited:
I googled Pericarditis
Let's hope it was only from working on your back stressing the sack around your heart and won't be chronic.
I'm not in the medical field, read about it on the Mayo Clinic site.

Latest posts

Back