New life for the '30 Chevy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here goes the test... (Pic from last year I think?)

attachment.php

[cl

You've got the upload part mastered.
Under the post box, where it says Attached Files it shows the pic links as a jpg.
Right mouse click on the jpg line then, left mouse click on the Copy Link Address
At the top of the post left mouse click on the yellow mountain icon when it opens right mouse click in the long blue box then click paste. It will then be inserted into the post as a large picture.
Don't worry about the http:// on the left side of the blue box it will disappear as you paste the copied link.
To do multiple pics in the post just repeat the above procedure.
Where ever the mouse curser is in the post box is where the pic will show up.
This seems like a lot of trouble but, after you do a couple it gets easy.

attachment.php

Thanks Old Iron! :D At least I can through out a larger "extra cool" pic now. [cl
Will keep playing around to try to get thumbnails only without the links showing.

Out very long in this place and you get behind in a hurry! And earning grocery money is interfering with working on my '30! :rolleyes:

I haven't been ignoring it though, continuing to hang around the back end- moving around remote jumpers for a couple days at a time to see which location I like best, thinking about the receiver hitch, possible "step" up on the back end of the bed, rear protection from parking lot chaos, and a couple other things back there.

I've come up with a plan.......... [;):cool:

I use the same method that Old Iron mentioned. I believe that one was posted by Doc also. OI, thanks for the notice on not having to delete the http crap before inserting the data. That's pretty complicated in steps, but removing one helps!
attachment.php

Attachments

• 8fdb2e26faf13b2380793d1c4bfee280.jpg
    8fdb2e26faf13b2380793d1c4bfee280.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 58
I use the same method that Old Iron mentioned. I believe that one was posted by Doc also. OI, thanks for the notice on not having to delete the http crap before inserting the data. That's pretty complicated in steps, but removing one helps!
attachment.php

Where's that crying laughing emoji?! For some warped reason I laughed my axle off when seeing that! Of all pics you could've chosen that is freaking awesome! [cl :D

Naw, it ain't me...my hog was black...

I snagged it somewhere on the net and for some reason laughed my butt off for a while myself.

Slow but flowing well, progress is being made. Since I’m playing most of this by ear, up to this point there has been no thought of putting a bumper on the back end. With the addition of all the real glass lights/lenses though, one of the things that came to mind was parking lots…. Having some vehicle carelessly pull in to me (I back in 90% of the time) and break some lights is not a good thing, so how to blend practicality and keep the look right? [S

Wanting it to be both cool and different (of course) I rolled around to the idea of nerf bars and what better than a worn axle out of the 9 ¾ rear end?! I was also thinking about some kind of step up (on to the bed) and happened to have the exactly perfect length scrap piece of ¼” x 6” flat bar to fit right up- it was a sign! :D

The first pic has the flat bar up there temporary and vertical axle pieces just sitting there. Got to look at this for about a week and a half deciding how to connect all that up and whether or not I actually wanted the “step plate”. Here’s what I ended up with… (Yes I rounded off the corners of the step plate after all was said and done. :p)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 18
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 20
Slow but flowing well, progress is being made. Since I’m playing most of this by ear, up to this point there has been no thought of putting a bumper on the back end. With the addition of all the real glass lights/lenses though, one of the things that came to mind was parking lots…. Having some vehicle carelessly pull in to me (I back in 90% of the time) and break some lights is not a good thing, so how to blend practicality and keep the look right? [S

Wanting it to be both cool and different (of course) I rolled around to the idea of nerf bars and what better than a worn axle out of the 9 ¾ rear end?! I was also thinking about some kind of step up (on to the bed) and happened to have the exactly perfect length scrap piece of ¼” x 6” flat bar to fit right up- it was a sign! :D

The first pic has the flat bar up there temporary and vertical axle pieces just sitting there. Got to look at this for about a week and a half deciding how to connect all that up and whether or not I actually wanted the “step plate”. Here’s what I ended up with… (Yes I rounded off the corners of the step plate after all was said and done. :p)

Looks strong as hell Charlie!

Nothing picture worthy but I finally got the cab bolted down for good which is a big psychological milestone. Decided to follow along the original lines that used welting, utilizing a long piece of heavy 2" ratchet strap that I found on the highway by my house a little while back. :D

(The fun part was getting my 7 and 9 year old grand sons to help lift the cab enough to slip that in there. [cl)

Early on (after cab floor framing) I marked the top of the frame for mounting bolts, drilled and then welded nuts on the underside before boxing the frame.
It ain't rubber but it's something. Maybe cut down on squeaks to some degree. :cool:

Latest posts

Back