Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing but complete admiration from here Torchie....your skills, but even more your attitude and sense of humour! Keep the updates coming!

What I am impressed by, even more than the work you are doing and the excellent way you present it to all of us, is even though you are an inspiration to all your fans, you see yourself as "Joe regular guy".
I wish your humility could be bottled and distributed to the politicians of this country.

NEVER scrap anything until the project is done.:D
Torchie.

oh man, have I thrown away stuff I needed in the past? yes. will I again? yes :(

I wish your humility could be bottled and distributed to the politicians of this country.

HA well bottled and distributed anyway. The politicians wouldnt get much from it, but everyone else would.

I second your comments, Never have I seen a guy just go " huh I think I will section my car" and BAM. sectioned car. [cl[cl[cl[cl

I don't know what to say except, Thanks Gang!
You all make me blush.....:eek:
I better be careful or I will start to believe my own press.[ddd
We are all just regular joe's on here. This site is my go to, first thing in the morning, and last thing at night. Helps me to start the day on the right note as well as end it after learning something new via all the great builds here.
It's been a bit of a rough winter but we made it thru. Supposed to start finally warming up on Monday so hopefully I will be more inclined to get out in the shop.
Lots more to do.
Thanks for visiting.......
Torchie

I wonder if there is a seven and a half foot guy out there doing a custom mopar that needs to raise his roof, he may need those parts. :D:D That's a heck of a pile you cut out. [cl[cl[P[P

About 4 hours out in the shop today. Longest I've been out there in a while. Hardest part was pushing the Dodge around.(I'm going to feel that in the morning.:eek:).
Closing in on the roof welding. All that is left is the relief cuts and the upper area around the rear window. I may be able to finish that tomorrow after the Drs.
Keep on keeping on......
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 23
Torchie, your running account of time spent on doing all of that welding is the best cautionary tutorial I have ever seen. I guess that's why you see the random "project in progress" for sale all the time.

Torchie, your running account of time spent on doing all of that welding is the best cautionary tutorial I have ever seen. I guess that's why you see the random "project in progress" for sale all the time.

LOL. And That's just the roof. Still have much of the body and ALL the inner framing as well, Neto. [;) [;) [;) [;)
My goal is to get this roof in epoxy primer and the initial filler work yet this weekend.
Always lots of stalled projects out there. The flame burns bright, then dims as time goes on.....
Torchie

Torchie, to prove that you're right again, I have two stalled projects in my shop. The flame dimmed on each of them for very different reasons. I don't know the history on these cars, but by looking into the 'build' of them, I can see the difference.
Keep up the good work, Torchie.
I was staring at your avatar this morning and tears were coming in my eyes, over our loss.

Torchie, to prove that you're right again, I have two stalled projects in my shop. The flame dimmed on each of them for very different reasons. I don't know the history on these cars, but by looking into the 'build' of them, I can see the difference.
Keep up the good work, Torchie.
I was staring at your avatar this morning and tears were coming in my eyes, over our loss.

I stare at it too Mac.:eek:
The flame didn't dim on that one. Just the funding.LOL
At this point on the Dodge all I'm into it for is my time. And some saw blades and grinding wheels.:eek:
I figure that if I do nothing more then get the Dodge to the point where some one looks at it and see the value in saving it, I've done my job.
Just as a reminder... This is what we started with 100 plus pages ago. It was about a day away from the scrap heap.:eek: [ddd
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_3997.jpg
    IMG_3997.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4009.jpg
    IMG_4009.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3969.jpg
    IMG_3969.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3970.jpg
    IMG_3970.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 15
You've come a long way Torchie. [cl

Thanks bob.
When the flame starts to dim it's good to stop and take a look at where we started.
No shop time today, but the Drs appt. went well. He doesn't want to see me again for 6 months.:D
Back at it tomorrow.
Keep on keeping on ,everybody.
Torchie

Good Attitude

Good to hear the Doc doesn't want you around for six month, that's good news.[cl
The project is looking good [;) "keep on keeping on"

I figure that if I do nothing more then get the Dodge to the point where some one looks at it and see the value in saving it, I've done my job.

Torchie

We've all seen ads claiming, "All the hard work is done." Most are hack jobs and the seller is looking to cut his losses without saying, "I have no idea what I'm doing. I saw it on TV and thought it was easy." :rolleyes:

Your work (past and present) defies that BS.

Keep on keeping on...

Latest posts

Back