Second Wind - a Packard Gasser

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d skip the front end update over on the HAMB. Some of that bunch would get their panties in a wad for sure. I’ve see coilovers on several pics of old gassers, iirc Ohio George’s 33Willys had them. If it wasn’t his it was one like it.

Kinda what I'm thinking...:rolleyes:
Didn't get much done today, just mounted the steering box, because KGH Surgical called today and bumped up my knee replacement to tomorrow :eek:

Here's a couple gassers with coilovers on straight axles - they do exist!!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• spring_nostalgia_mo_kan_dragway19.jpg
    spring_nostalgia_mo_kan_dragway19.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 62
  • hunnert_car_heads_up_2013_coupe_dragster_altered_wheels_up078.jpg
    hunnert_car_heads_up_2013_coupe_dragster_altered_wheels_up078.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 62
You'll do just fine, afterwards do exactly as the therapists tell you to. Be that guy to go beyond what they want you to, for a better outcome.
[P[P[P

Yes, good luck with the surgery. Any surgery you do on the gasser, I'm sure, will only make it better.

How is recovery coming along?

So far so good, staples out yesterday, gradually having less pain. Proper pill popping prevents persistent pain problems.... :D
The worst thing is not being able to spend time in the shop :mad:
The best thing is having my good friend of 40+ yrs here to help me and to just hang out and bs with.

I like your prolific, proper presentation of "P's".

Yes, good friends count for everything.

Glad to hear you are on a rapid road to recovery.

Had my wheel guy mount and send out the front wheels so I could at least have something to fondle while I'm laid up with this knee thing. Definitely the look I was going for, 15 x 4 American TTO with Firestone bias skinnys. now if only M&H would get their act together and produce the rear tires, I'd be a happy camper...:cool:

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4552.JPG
    IMG_4552.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4559.JPG
    IMG_4559.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4558.JPG
    IMG_4558.JPG