New life for the '30 Chevy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I've drifted back! Sure have missed this forum and will try do make it back more often!

Hope you all have been doing well. My physical health is back to full speed ahead and the house build is way too slow but coming along nicely.

On the rat side I've finally started working on the '30 again! I'll try to get a few pics up before long. Here's clinking a cold beer to y'all!

Well I've had some time to work on the overhead console and have it just about there. Front panel all riveted in. The empty hole was an engine hours gauge that didn't clear quite good enough with the air lines coming up so I'll figure out something else to put in there.
IMG_1350.JPG
IMG_1351.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Speaking of a clock I found this at an antique store and it spoke to me :). The swivel mounting make this an easy choice since I'm not exactly sure where it's going yet.

IMG_1357.JPG

that old clock would sure cover that hole in the dash nicely.
Hey Gene! It would indeed. My brain is churning on the continued design there. I'm thinking hard on a simple but smooth way to have a spot/s for things like sunglasses, etc. A rib down the middle of the roof? Dunno just yet.
Then there's a backup camera for hooking up trailers. :unsure: Was thinking about having that drop down from behind the original dash but my bride mentioned that being awful low, then pointed to the upper console and said, "can you have it drop down from up here". That really got me to thinking then!

Latest posts

Back