1950 dodge truck tribute to my son

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1O years

kinda sad today, but l will get thru it,,,,1O years ago today Jimmy died & 6/25 is his birthday, would'a been 26, makes for a long month.

well, l took his truck over to his grave today and visited, it helps,,,,,

pic of him a couple weeks before drowned at the park where died, just hanging out and having fun.

thanks everbody here for puttin' up with me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Later :(

Attachments

• jimmy.jpg
    jimmy.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 73
No parent is supposed to bury their child.....

Can't even imagine......my thoughts and prayers are with ya Skull.....the truck is cool.....I'm sure that he would have loved it.....he is with you in spirit....he knows what you've made for him...I only hope that gives you peace....

me in a book

WOW, went to a car show yesterday and got a flyer about a guy who is writing a book about rodders and their stories and wants to include jimmy's truck in the book. he called me tonight to see if it fit the parameters, IT DOES.

gonna meet with him soon and get the wheels in motion.

you guys are right, for some reason, good things keep happening since we finished the truck:D

Later:cool:

Perfect! Your story should be told and would make a great addition to the book. Congrats for finding the opportunity and I'm sure you'll do Jimmy proud!

It was meant to be.....

Only makes sense.....let us know what book and when it's published....be interesting reading.....[P

dash

people like the truck, but one thing they criticize, l keep hearing; " l like the license plates idea, but you need old vintage style instead those new style you're using".

well, a friend of mine donated a bunch out his his collection, l hated to cut them, they were in good shape, but that is what he asked me to do with them.

so today l changed out the new for the old:D

l like'em, they go with the theme a lot better,,,,

my new helper, Bandit, l got him a couple a weeks ago and he likes hanging out in the truck or the shop when l am out there working on things.

Later :cool:

Attachments

• DSC00427.jpg
    DSC00427.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC00426.jpg
    DSC00426.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC00435.jpg
    DSC00435.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC00428.jpg
    DSC00428.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC00431.jpg
    DSC00431.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC00434.jpg
    DSC00434.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC00439.jpg
    DSC00439.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC00433.jpg
    DSC00433.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC00438.jpg
    DSC00438.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 85
more good things

just can't believe the luck l have had since finishing the truck in Jimmy's honor:confused:

l filled out and sent in the GoodGuys entry form my friend gave me for the puyallup show in July. the confirmation came in the mail today and l will be allowed to show inside the showplex building and get an ''Award of Excellence'' :eek:

---AGAIN--- THANK YOU ALL FOR THE KIND WORDS AND MOTIVATION.---

This has helped me deal with the grief in a positive way, but darn, l still miss him a ton.

Attachments

• DSC00440.jpg
    DSC00440.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
seats

[QUOTE=starquestjoe;''yep there pre 87 mitsubishi starion or chrysler conquest''

one thing l like about these seats, there pretty comfortable[cl

today's the day

almost 1:20 AM and l am so hyped l can't sleep.

l know it should go smooth, but this is a really big thing to happen to us:D

l think someone mentioned pics[S updates when l get the chance. it's going to be busy 4 days.

Latest posts

Back