1949 Ford bobber build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming along nicely [cl
On my Hennway, I used pipe for the top roll like you did but just made my corner posts from 2 x 2 x .063 box tubing and extended them right up to the top roll, tying it in solidly.

Attachments

• mar 29 09 012z.jpg
    mar 29 09 012z.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 42
Thanks Crank. Now it makes sense. I have a plan for the stake pocket offset.

I know the side of the box is high. I want it higher than stock. There is a plan for the space above the tire. Or, actually several plan possibilities;)

box side

Box see progress. Not sure if I want to spray a little primer before I weld on the stake pockets of just weld them in. [S

Attachments

• IMG_2621.jpg
    IMG_2621.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2622.jpg
    IMG_2622.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2623.jpg
    IMG_2623.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2624.jpg
    IMG_2624.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2625.jpg
    IMG_2625.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 36
Looks great gold. I would shoot some weld thru primer in those pockets at least. But I tend to be cautious about leaving any bare metal.:eek:
Torchie

Thanks for the compliments guys. Need to find some weld through primer. Amazon.ca for$80.00:eek: for a spray bomb. Is that real?

Thanks for the compliments guys. Need to find some weld through primer. Amazon.ca for$80.00:eek: for a spray bomb. Is that real?

Ridiculous. Check your local paint and body suppliers. I haven't bought such things for a while, but used to be a fan of SEM products... good quality and lower priced than most...

http://www.semproducts.com/rust-and-corrosion-rust-preventers/copperweld-primer

... if all else fails, Acklands-Grainger carries one, though you need a "wholesale" account to buy.

https://www.acklandsgrainger.com/AG...lobalProductDetailDisplay.do?item_code=DSSSCW

That's good news... I just about choked when I saw that price. Thought it might be one of the reasons there is so much rust around here![ddd

more progress

Drivers side is welded, and my dutch oven stand.

Attachments

• IMG_2630.jpg
    IMG_2630.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2631.jpg
    IMG_2631.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2632.jpg
    IMG_2632.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2633.jpg
    IMG_2633.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 50
Hey Pops, I had an old oxygen bottle sitting around and used the base. Free steel. I am hoping it will slowly release heat from the charcoal into the dutch oven. Ive been getting into smoking, BBQ, Disced and dutch oven cooking as another interest.

Hey Pops, I had an old oxygen bottle sitting around and used the base. Free steel. I am hoping it will slowly release heat from the charcoal into the dutch oven. Ive been getting into smoking, BBQ, Disced and dutch oven cooking as another interest.
Used oxy bottles go for around $100 to $180 here. They don't even look to see if they're out of date, they just trade them out at the welding supply. They put them in a cage and certify them all together.

About the O2 tank. I couldn't get anything for it, couldn't get it filled or certified. got it for free. cut it up for several different things.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

Latest posts

Back