Another new guy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strange willy

Hi all just wanted to say hey, been a lurker for awhile watching some creative and awesome builds. My name is Jarrod I'm 45 and live in Kearney, Nebraska. I work as a mechanic for one of the largest stock trailer dealerships in the US. I went to school for welding when I was in high school and its been a part of my life since, also being a money conscience guy I hated paying other people to do my work so I have taught myself many skills. I have enjoyed working on cars all my life and have built myself a few rides 70 Chevelle, 427 BB, 4 spd, a 77 Chevy stepside, 454 BB, 4 Spd, 11" lift, 40" tire, with a hyd dump box both were finished and schiney. So I get an itch about a year and half ago to build something again but what? While searching the net I came across a design by Joe Iacono for the Hemi bomber truck and the v-12 powered Chevy COE and the ideas started flowing. So I scanned eBay looking for bodies and I came across this beautiful 31' Willys pickup in Parker, Co and picked it up in April of 2012. Now a yr and a half later I'm about 90% done with my build and couldn't be any happier with how it has turned out, with that I will leave you in suspense and will start my build thread. I have learned a lot from watching the builds here and hope I can be a asset or inspiration for others!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 26
Pict test

So this is the design from Joe Iacono that inspired my build
null_zps8fce4e40.jpg
[/IMG]

Then while searching for others I kept running into this COE truck which I find very creative and well designed.
null_zps8b808b6c.jpg

Hey sawzall from what I have read and seen of it it's a 702 GMC truck motor hooked to a TH425 which puts the driveshaft on the pass side, it feeds a custom offset winters quick change. The motor is mounted backwards so the rear end would use reverse cut gears.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back