what wheelbase you running?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't know if this is the right place for it but I was just curious how long of a wheelbase you guys are running. my frame that got built for my 47/49 binder has roughly a 136" wheelbase and its probly gonna be a few inches more after I cut up the rear suspension to put in a actual triangulated air ride setup instead of a pieced together coil spring suspension [P

That's pretty long lol. My wheelbase will be somewhere around 113-115", not to far off from the original. I bet your truck will ride smooth as silk though.

That's pretty long lol. My wheelbase will be somewhere around 113-115", not to far off from the original. I bet your truck will ride smooth as silk though.

I know... cant imagine what it would have been if the box didn't get cut down to 4 1/2 foot or whatever it ended up its been a while memory is a little sketchy

Kept mocking mine up until it looked right . Wound up at 120 ". Worked good for me . However doesn't mean it will work for you . The length of your hood , grill , cab and bed , plus the placing of your wheels -where they look good , will determine what your wheel base will/should be . Much easier to match your frame/wheel base to your parts , than the other way around . I am often amazed when a guy builds his own frame , then complains he doesn't have enough room for all his parts .

Latest posts

Back