Progress

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started looking more seriously at the windshield frame and it looks like it will be an expensive piece.
I am still planning on removing the top of the frame but I found about a foot long section of the bottom curved part of the frame/ window channel that was rotted out. I drilled out the spot welds on the lip that hangs over the dash and decided that I can't patch the rust holes in the channel. Trying to find a replacement frame is proving difficult because most of them sell just the frame but not a drop in replacement. Some come with the hinge but I don't need that.
Next decent swap meet is still months away and I am not patient enough to wait that long. I did order a few more pieces of shiny stuff for it.
Hope to start working on getting the engine together this week.

I now have most of the parts I need to get the engine together. I got the intake manifold from hot heads yesterday. Waiting for a mechanic friend to come over and keep me from putting things together wrong.
I also ordered a new grill shell and insert. The fiberglass shell that I have is chopped so a standard insert won't fit and I have not been able to find one that has the same chop. I found a new steel shell and insert for less than any of the other inserts that I was looking at. I figured that I could drop the new shell down to get the right height.

Finally got started getting the motor together. Got the rods and mains torqued, got the timing chain installed, got the lifters and push rods in and the heads on.
I can't find the oil slinger so I couldn't put the timing cover on and subsequently the oil pan.
I always find it amazing that I set something down and it disappears into some other dimension.
I have been picking away at body work. I'm trying to get the doors to line up right.

Sooner or later it all has to get done... at least that's what I keep telling myself! It keeps me moving forward! Glad to see you're making progress!!! [cl

BoB

I found the oil slinger stuck to the bottom of a box that we moved a hundred times trying to find parts.
Got the pushrods adjusted and modified the valley cover to take an oil filler tube and a pcv valve. Hopefully get the pan and intake done tonight as well as spark plug wires.

414368864.jpg

414368863.jpg

Latest posts

Back