Anyone here ever used this Q bond stuff..?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtpontiac

Older, Wiser and Still Buildin'
I've used this stuff twice now and it's the Cat's A$$....(oh crap...I said cat)...I've fixed a couple of plastic grill mounting tabs on my kids pickup and a broken plastic bracket on one of those easy up tents....the stuff is amazing....the kit is a bit pricy at over 20bucks but it's got two bottles of the glue...basically high strenth super glue and two bottle of powder....one is got aluminum in it the other is black and is supposed to be used on the plastic stuff....it's hard as metal when your done....just wondering if anyone else has used this stuff....[S

Yes, that stuff is fantastic, also more on the pricey side but 3m scotch weld 2216 epoxy is a darn good option for a verity of different repairs, If you want indestructible, I have also used Devcon repair putties with great success. The Titanium putty is expensive but is the best I've found so far.

I will keep those in mind....

Kid turned me on to the Q bond stuff.....guess he's used it a lot for plastic parts on the fleet trucks he maintains...sure worked great for me....

roger that ..

we use it in the auto repair industry .... great for those grille tabs (Sgt P) , also side and corner / marker lights. cracked plastic headlight housings..

good product . quicker than plastic welding ....

Alert! Thread Hijack.

I have a couple small, flat (12" by 16") aluminum panels to bond to 1" wide aluminum flanges. No structural load on them. I'm too cheap to get the 3M Panel Bond system. Are there any adequate and thrifty options?

Have you found anything, Bob?

Years ago, Fusor made a similar product to 3M and was jobber priced/supplied. Half the money if I recall...

I have a couple small, flat (12" by 16") aluminum panels to bond to 1" wide aluminum flanges. No structural load on them. I'm too cheap to get the 3M Panel Bond system. Are there any adequate and thrifty options?

Try some Urethane sealant .. clamp it and leave for 24 hours or so - that should do it .

A good reliable brand. it does stick like the proverbial.

and gloves ! I still wearing some from yesterday , a good one you need to wear off auto paint thinners doesn't shift it even..

crate

Latest posts

Back