Crowman wants to know which frame to use

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowman

Hello all,I am going down to look over my possible project. I have two 1950 international pick-ups one is 1/2 ton and 1 is a 3/4 ton. The power train will be coming from a 1966 meteor with a 390 engine. As I am a newbie is there any suggestions on which frame I should use for my build? The internationals could invert the axles to lower the ride height or should I use the 66 and cut the springs? I do not need to slam it down, it is my first rat rod and want to keep it kinda simple for the build. All suggestions welcome ... Thank you.

I'd use the least rusted, best IH frame. The cab will fit it, and there's probably not a lot of, if any, difference in them. Surface rust is fine, but you want a solid frame, not one rusted through full of holes.

If you really want to keep it simple do use the existing frame. BUT---If you wanna be weird and interesting -- flip the binder frame and go underslung...

One of the many things I really NEED to do.

PA

Latest posts

Back