Mopar coupe

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the call from the machinist the other day, to come and get my 383 Magnum motor, so I did. He showed me the roller cam and cam followers, the new pistons, the balanced rods and crank, and new valves and seats, kind of explaining the build and the BILL. Anyhow, here it is, home.

PS, about an hour after I got the motor unloaded the big spring that helps roll up my overhead door went sproing and wrecked some stuff. I can't even get my pick-up out of the shop now.

Attachments

• IMG_1618.jpg
    IMG_1618.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 43
Soltz, if you use your imagination you can see that my pick-up looks suspiciously like the one you lost. It took me quite a while before I would put a picture of it on this forum.

Took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about. I'm looking at the 55 and thinking I had a 56 but it wasn't stolen [S Then i noticed the truck the engine was hanging over, da :eek:
I must say would not have thought to look that for north for the 94.[cl

Took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about. I'm looking at the 55 and thinking I had a 56 but it wasn't stolen [S Then i noticed the truck the engine was hanging over, da :eek:
I must say would not have thought to look that for north for the 94.[cl
It takes an exceptionally low life from to steal a mans truck. The authorities never found my '82 F-100 short-wide either. That series must be popular.

Soltz, I spent quite a bit of time looking for a picture of my wine and silver Ford but never found one so I went to the shop and took a new pic for you.

Attachments

• IMG_1620.jpg
    IMG_1620.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 24
This thread is mostly about a '68 Dodge coupe, but interwoven throughout there's little snippets about a dream coupe, a '32 Plymouth coupe. Well, here's an update on the Deuce. The guy that promised me the '32 in trade for my donor car Dart, phoned again out of the blue, trying to sell me a '57 Studebaker stationwagon. So I asked him about the '32 Plymouth. He said that it was dozed up in a pile with all of the surrounding trees and old cars and burnt. I cursed myself for being a little too gentlemanly and letting this one get away.

This thread is mostly about a '68 Dodge coupe, but interwoven throughout there's little snippets about a dream coupe, a '32 Plymouth coupe. Well, here's an update on the Deuce. The guy that promised me the '32 in trade for my donor car Dart, phoned again out of the blue, trying to sell me a '57 Studebaker stationwagon. So I asked him about the '32 Plymouth. He said that it was dozed up in a pile with all of the surrounding trees and old cars and burnt. I cursed myself for being a little too gentlemanly and letting this one get away.

Why if he knew you were interested didn't he at least get hold of you? Sad...wonder what else he "Burned" up...?? [S

I've heard similar stories before on a vehicle I was going to buy, only to see the vehicle in a rod shop's yard waiting to be the next project. Maybe the guy is telling the truth, but maybe someone else got to it and offered him a pocket full of cash.

I have often wondered if the 'salesman' guy that wanted to trade with me, maybe wasn't a little too cheap on his offer to the fella who actually owned the car and he got P.O.'d. Of course, then the 'salesman' wasn't ever going to get the deuce, but he wasn't ever going to tell me where it was, so I could go to the owner and soften him up,-----with cash. Anyhow, now I'm only a dozen projects behind instead of thirteen.

Sorry, OI and Sgt., that I glossed over your questions. The salesman in the story drove all over this area looking for Mopar deals, and may have been too aggressive and 'weaselly' to some potential victims. The owner of this deuce coupe may have gotten offended by the salesman's bedside manner, but didn't even know about me [a very gentlemanly guy]. So, even though I don't get a '32 Plymouth coupe now, and my extra Hemi 354 won't have a Mopar home, I can learn to live with it and get working on all of my other projects and dreams.
This will build character,----------I hope.

Here's an update on the '68 Super Bee. An update is a progress report with absolutely no progress to report.
I had actually sold this car back in 1978. It was worn out, with about 140,000 hard miles on it. The young fellow who bought it {Mike} put a new motor, transmission and rear-end in it and drove it fairly hard for another 40,000 miles. Then one night in the bar in about 1980, I got to buy it back.
Yesterday morning I got a call from a friend asking if his brother-in-law could come out and visit and look at old cars. O.K. It turns out it was Mike who had had my Super Bee for those few years. I hadn't seen him for 36 years. He lives in Texas now. We reminisced, he took some pictures, looked at everything in the car and the renewed original motor, and toured the rest of my projects.

Not really Dr. Crank, but my wife showed me some Facebook pictures Mike posted and he said "thanks for the reminiscing". Immediately, his son pipes up from somewhere in Texas with, "Are you driving it home Dad or getting it hauled". So sonny sure wanted his Dad to try and buy it again.

Latest posts

Back