Steering stabilizer suicide front end pictures

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldskoold

Wanting to mount a SoCal steering stabilizer on my Sedan which has a suicide frontend. Looking for detailed pictures or where to mount it. I'm sure this has been covered to death but still would appreciate some advice on where to mount it. Thanks in advance!!

If your tie rod is out in front of the axle, you have a problem. I had that setup on my 23 and never could figure out a nice way to do it. There is nothing up there to mount the outside part to.

But if it is behind the axle, one end goes to the tie rod and the other end attaches to the hairpin or wishbone. It comes with a round clamp to go on a round hairpin, and if you have wishbones you need to weld a tab on the wishbone for the bolt to go through. That is what I did on my rpu project.

Don

Would the axle be a bad spot for it? My tie rod is out front. I've seen them mounted that way and I've seen tabs coming from the frame being made to mount it.

Latest posts

Back