looking for clutch and brake pedal ideas?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harley rider

I am thinking about using Willwood pedals . but was looking for other ideas using pedals from some other car or truck. preferably GM stuff.what have you used?

I have yet to use them, but I picked up Howe pedals from Jeg's for half the price of Wilwood (floor mounts).

clutch and brake

How about some stuff off of old tractors! Massey Ferguson or Minneapolis Moline ...
Would be interesting to see that.

52 fordman

S10
73 C10 clutch and brake
77 Nova
62 Belaire
Almost anything will adapt

Will adapt is the key words there. I have thought about s10 and c10 stuff.problem is kind of hard to kind.been lookin for a while all the three pedal trucks must get crushed before I can get to them.

I used 3/8" X 1" mild steel bar and 1/2" black iron plumbing pipe. The frame was 3/8" thick 3" angle 4" long with 3/8" X 3" X 4" flat welded to make a channel. Cut the pipe to length (3") to bridge channel but first rip a 1/4" -3/8" section lengthwise out of the pipe for diameter reduction to fit a 1/2" bolt. Use a step drill to cut a hole near the end of the 1" X 3/8" bar and weld the pipe into it at 90 degrees, centered. Buy or make (2 nuts and two flats welded, tap over) a clevis and locate on the bar for 6 or 7 to one leverage and a 5/16" pin or bolt. Chuck a bolt that fits your clevis in a 1/2" drill and turn down the head end to fit into your master cylinder with a big grinder.
photo.php
photo.php

These are the pictures of the clutch pedal I built.

Attachments

• Clutch pedal.jpg
    Clutch pedal.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 48
  • Clutch Pedal -02.jpg
    Clutch Pedal -02.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 40

Latest posts

Back