2 Year Lurker Joins RRR

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neto

Neto here. Although I was born in California, live in Ohio, and spent the majority of my adult life outside of the USA, I grew up in Oklahoma and still consider myself an Okie. (I haven't lived there since 1983.) I have been reading stuff on here most every day for the past two years, and decided that enough is enough with not being able to see all of the photos, or ask questions.

I come from a car-nut family (2 of my brothers are already members here). I started a restoration project in 1980 (46 Ply) that has been stalled since I met my wife & moved first to Ohio (her home area) and then overseas. I'm interested in ratrods because I like personal expression, not cookie cutter cars. (A lot of hot rods are also just imatations of a modification or customization idea that was really cool and outside the box when it was first done, about 45 years ago.....)

When I was in HS I liked the lowrider setup (with a few touches of my own - but these ideas were never more than drawings on my school notebook covers), because everybody was jacking up the rear. Now I think I'd jack up the rear (of certain cars) just to be different. (One of my first standard shift experiences was in my oldest brother's 64 Malibu - all you could see out the back was sky.)

So I don't have a project to post pictures of :eek: - just mostly questions.
Neto

Hello,welcome to RRR... ask we will answer,I'm sure someone will know the answer. Don't ever listen to me I'm always wrong just so u will know.

Welcome!!

I can relate to "stalled"...lol good luck and no need to lurk any longer....we'll be watchin and waitin.....[P

Stalled projects? Yep I got one of those. You came to the right place if ya got questions! This site has a ton of knowledge! Welcome to RRR from New Mexico!

Welcome to RRR and congrats for taking the plunge. The water here is fine. Jacked up, slammed, chewed, spit or blown, you're good here.

Welcome- It's about time Okie! glad you decided to come out of the closet!![cl
What part of Oklahoma did you live in? I grew up in No./Ea. ( Owasso)
Anyway came to the best place to ask questions

Welcome- It's about time Okie! glad you decided to come out of the closet!![cl
What part of Oklahoma did you live in? I grew up in No./Ea. ( Owasso)
Anyway came to the best place to ask questions

Don't have to post were in OK your from -Got your number!![cl HE He[cl
Welcome little brother![cl

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Here are some photos of my "stalled project" (46 Plymouth restoration)

March 1980 - loaded and ready for the trip home
October 1981 - painted (frame off completed, engine overhauled)
As it sits now

(If you want to know the present state of the 66 Charger "tow vehicle", ask MoparCowboy.)
Neto

Attachments

• A_1980-03-12d.jpg
    A_1980-03-12d.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 7
  • B_1981-10-18e.jpg
    B_1981-10-18e.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 7
  • C_IMG_0513.jpg
    C_IMG_0513.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 7
Welcome

Glad you finally decided to step up and join the best gearhead site on the web. We like all things with wheels and I would be surprised that you could ask a question that someone here could not answer. Sharing is what this hobby is about. Go out and find something to build. As you can see it is an expression of each individuals ideas and skills. Enjoy Steve

Latest posts

Back