How to ship large parts to Canada?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmlcolorado

Hey guys!
I got a buddy in Canada that needs a part from me (inner fender for a 51 international l110) and I don't know how to get it up there.
He said he has an LKQ up there that ships to him regularly. Do they take 3rd party parts?
Any other suggestions?

Anything larger than USPS or Canada Post won't ship I go through a shipping outlet across the border.
Depending where he is would obviously determine if that was viable.
USPS have shipped some good size parts to me before.

Does Greyhound go up there? I have had parts shipped greyhound for relatively low cost.

Greyhound is popular here for the same reason. I don't think they'll ship international freight by ground, however.

How tall is the fence up there?

Shorter than the snow! :eek:

I've also had good luck with USPS. A hint for your buddy: To avoid the dreaded "Rear Admiral", ship to a business that keeps an account with a customs broker.

If I'm not mistaken... anything larger than a envelope has to go through customs & takes quite a while to be delivered! At least that's been my experience but the Canucks can probably speak to that!

BoB

back last summer i bought some inner door panels off a guy in canada. i couldn't believe how cheap it was for him to ship them to me. he used the canada post office. i still sell stuff on the bay and have pretty much quite shipping out of the usa due to shipping costs. maybe the secret is to have it shipped in not out. :D

Latest posts

Back