Torchmann is now just Torch!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually it was an occupational injury in the milk house

My real name (nickname) is Torch... has been for 27 years
when I hit party level drunkeness someone would hollar "Torch Is Scorched"
Torchmann is an occasional compromise translating loosely to "Hot Guy" in German.

This is the man who named me Torch. I'm pretty sure its him. I went looking for him and this is all I could find
Rollie was a big guy built like Boyd with blonde curly hair and he liked to do that zz top hands thing with one leg up when he got drunk and called it "The Flamingo"
He was a drywaller in the carpenter's union and moved out to California around 1988 to start a business selling room partitions and awnings
he was always on the up and wouldn't let anyone around him be down or "a clump" as he's put it.

Those guys were bikers and into some hard core fun and it was crazy and fun but they still were good people.

I'm pretty sure this was him

Rolland Chandler (10 year OLD OBIT)

Rolland "Rollie" A. Chandler, 43, died Friday at home.
He was born March 7, 1956, in Illinois. A carpenter, he was a member of Carpenters Union Local 1977 and a nine-year resident of Las Vegas.
He is survived by his mother, Ruth Benoist of Henderson; father, C. Lloyd; and sisters, Pamela Johnson, both of Omaha, Neb., and Penny Crawford of Henderson.
Memorial services will be at 4 p.m. Tuesday in Hites Funeral Home. Burial is private.
The family requests memorial donations be made to the American Heart Association.

Last edited:
It doesn't say in the obit SORRY I should have looked. He died somehweres around 10 years ago but it still sucked big suck to go looking for him and find this.

Same thing happened to me, Torch. I hadn't seen a guy for about 15 years, who had at one time been a good friend and mentor. A few weeks ago I had a dream and he was in it, so I got up and researched his name on Google, and for some reason I put in "Obituary" after his name. It came up that he had died last July. :(

Sorry about the loss of you friend too.

Don

PS, glad to hear the milking machine wasn't involved in the shortening process.:eek:

the universe has amazing and mysterious properties

Torchmann.....Hootmann.......girlymann....

It's all the same....LOL....Torch, this will be tough to get used to....now I can't just type Tman....maybe I could put down Flame.....or not....:D anyway....glad that nothing shortened the name other than a need for change and not a need for surgery....lol

It's all the same....LOL....Torch, this will be tough to get used to....now I can't just type Tman....maybe I could put down Flame.....or not....:D anyway....glad that nothing shortened the name other than a need for change and not a need for surgery....lol

Ah you can still call me Tman we know who your talking about
Torch..Tman the Torchmeister lol

Does this mean your posts will be shorter as well:p

No not at all. As a matter of fact I now have spare letters to use left over from the shortening. I can roll these over into paragraphs using the power of fractional reserve banking.
look at how much more conversation I've generated by releasing these simple few letters no longer tied up in my name.
The proof behind this is anonymous. he has no name at all and has written more than anyone ever has lol

HUH????!!!

No not at all. As a matter of fact I now have spare letters to use left over from the shortening. I can roll these over into paragraphs using the power of fractional reserve banking.
look at how much more conversation I've generated by releasing these simple few letters no longer tied up in my name.
The proof behind this is anonymous. he has no name at all and has written more than anyone ever has lol

What did he just say????? Fractional functions left behind by an anonymous donor?? [S

Latest posts

Back