69 Fairlane 500 Fastback

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweet

Nice ride!
I had a Turquoise with black striped 68 Torino gt 390 auto with B&M slapstick shifter- it was awesome, your motor will be a beast.
What are you running for manifolds?
There are many cool vintage racing intakes out there but big money.
If I remember correctly there was an exhaust manifold that was preferred to use on FE engines over others? Its been many years so I dont recall why.

Long time huh?

Well, I have been making some progress on the ol big red fairlane 500 fastback. Got my intake almost done. Used some plumbing drainage pipe, a modified air cleaner, and some PVC , to make my air intakes , where the headlights used to be. image.jpg

One more

image.jpg. I will have more tomorrow night. Getting real close. Should have it going down the road in a few weeks. Work has been busy.

Thats awesome. I had a 68 fairlane 500 in high school, i built the same intakes for it.

Got my rear spoiler done today. I had an old sunbeam bread sign that looked like it needed to be a part of my car. So, I made it into my rear spoiler. Right now I have it roughed in with some glass filler. Tomorrow, I will get that sanded to where I want it, and do the skim coat. I tried to make it so that it looks like a part of the car. I can't do one of those raised wing stock spoilers.image.jpg

Like the looks of the spoiler, much better than the wing. Had one on a 69 Mach 1, didn't replace it after the Ex backed into a pole. Made the car look a lot better.

Update. Got my new scoop mounted. Getting ready for primer right now. Still getting some small areas done. I am going with a low gloss candy apple red stock color. All stainless and chrome trim is sating black.
image.jpg

Just received my new louvered panels to mount on my hood. They will provide some ventilation for the exhausts on the car. I think they will help getting the heat from under the hood. I don't have them where they will be welded in, but I just had them sitting on the hood checking out what looked the best.
image.jpg

Hahahaha. Thanks man. Yes I also just had shoulder surgery, and it makes It hard block sand and fabricate pieces with only one hand. My new project is to fabricate me some custom rear glass louvers for the car. It was. Only an option for the 70 and 71 torino models, which have a different rear glass design than the 69 had. So, my plan is to use 1/2" box tubing for the frame, and .050 aluminum plate for the louvers. Stay tuned, and I will have photos this weekend. After work today a built me a box tubing bender out of a caster wheel, and some other scraps I had laying around. Should be fun.

This is the new frame I fabricated , for. The new louvers. I used 1/2" box tubing. My sheet aluminum is being cut today, and will be ready to pick up on Monday. Once I start on the louvers I will update.
image.jpg

Latest posts

Back