PROPORTIONING VALVE - mounting angle

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neto

This is one of those stupid questions, but I won't know w/o asking, so I can either stay stupid, or risk looking stupid. I'd rather look stupid than stay stupid. (I didn't find anything about this through a search, so I can't get off easy - w/o anyone knowing.)

Is the mounting angle important for proportioning valves, or can they be oriented in any position that is convenient?

I don't believe the position of that device will have any effect on the valve working properly. It's a hydraulic closed system under pressure. If it's adjustable, all it does is let you control the amount of fluid to the rear circuit...

Shouldn't make any difference. I have mine tucked up under the frame but in a spot where i can reach it easily for adjustment!

Toad

Thanks, guys. It is mounted at such an angle that I wondered if it was important, because there doesn't seem to be any practical reason for it being mounted at an angle like that. (Someone suggested that it might be capable of detecting a heavy load in the vehicle, and compensate with more breaking power at the rear.)

Latest posts

Back