Sears Dweel-Tachometer

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old28

Guys, Got A Question ?????????????????:confused:

I have had this old Sears Dwell-Tachometer for ever, have not used it for many years and don't have the instructions.

Can any one tell me were the GREEN & BLACK wires connect. [S

Thanks, Tom

Attachments

• 514.JPG
    514.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 13
Tom, I provided the answer over on the HA/GR Forum.

Dr. C. I didn't see your response before I typed this. I offered to copy my instruction book for Tom too.

meter

Dr C and bobw - Thanks again and I will see if the old meter still

works in the morning. This is a great site with good people.:):)

Neat

I think I have that same one in a box . Mom got it a t a yard sale . Not to sound like a card but what is the point of a tach if you aren't driving when you use it? Setting up a Shift light ? And how do you use one with out a distributed motor ( efi coil pack) not trying to hijack just learn something new

Dr C and bobw - Thanks again and I will see if the old meter still works in the morning. This is a great site with good people.:):)

So, did it work?

Not to sound like a card but what is the point of a tach if you aren't driving when you use it? Setting up a Shift light ? And how do you use one with out a distributed motor ( efi coil pack) not trying to hijack just learn something new

It's just a tool you use under the hood. The definition of contact ignition dwell is: "the number of degrees of distributor rotation with the contacts in the closed position" so you use the dwell meter with points ignition. The tach function is handy for setting idle speed. It's old school tuning and relatively useless on a coil pack computer controlled system.

Latest posts

Back