Stupid Gas Monkey's

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Went 2 the Mecum auction in Dallas & those stupid Gas Monkey Garage guys have several cars there. They had an old Fairmont that they wrapped in shiney silver... OMG what a POS! How in the world do those guys stay in biz! That green flaked gasser was there too! Not surprised it hasn't sold!

BoB

I thought they had sold that green POS at no reserve & took a bath on it [S

Psssst... The show is FAKE. :rolleyes:

There is no "business" for them anymore anyways. That guy lost any credibilty he had in the real hot rod world through lies and shady dealings, so I guess a scripted "reality" show was the only thing left to do.

It's a joke...

Yup. im a bad person. I love to see them loose money also. But really the prices they pay for the cars only incourages all these people asking restored prices for shabby 4 door sedans.

i have tried to watch the show, but just can't do it. i think some of the others are even worst.

As a side note, I watched much of the Mecum auction. I like to see the cars go through. Did anybody else see that gray Model A roadster that Blue Eyed Devil worked on? It sold for fifty grand I think.

As a side note, I watched much of the Mecum auction. I like to see the cars go through. Did anybody else see that gray Model A roadster that Blue Eyed Devil worked on? It sold for fifty grand I think.

Hey that's awesome you saw it. I had heard it was going to be there, but hadn't followed up on it. Wish I had my cut of that. Haha... [;)

For those that never got to see it, this is the roadster that Gastrick is referring to. I was proud to be a part of the build and I hope it goes to a good home where it will continue to be driven. THIS is a real car built by a couple of real guys in a real garage. No fake TV shows or drama necessary...

DA0912-135674_8.jpg

DA0912-135674_5.jpg

DA0912-135674_2.jpg

DA0912-135674_4.jpg

DA0912-135674_6.jpg

DA0912-135674_7.jpg

Very nice work there BED. For some reason I can't bring myself to watch any of the staged car building programs. I guess the more you know, the more you catch them talking about thing that are not rigth. I still watch speed power block but that seams to be heading more into flashy programing and getting away from the down to earth info.

Dang, that roadster is NICE ! I have a whole new respect for you B.E.D, and I already liked you ! :D

I was forced to watch GMG again last night because it was late and nothing else was on the tube. This was the one where they built that 68 (?) Ford pickup in a week and sold it for $50,000. :rolleyes: Yeah, right. A "phone bidder" bought it supposedly...............I think the shows producers were the phone bidder.

Did anyone watch the other new one, Texas Car Wars ? I watched 5 minutes of it and lost total interest when two of the guys got into horseplay with a fire extinquisher. It was just too dumb and painful to watch.

And what is up with this latest thing.......Paul Sr and Paul Jr are now building bikes together again ???:rolleyes: The only thing that saved that dead show was the "family feud" between the 3 of them, and I guess after that ran it's course they are now trying something else. I bet the whole time when the family was supposely split apart they were all sitting together at Thanksgiving dinner laughing their butts off.

TV programs have really, really gotten stupid and silly, and all these spin offs, like American Restoration, and (the dumbest of the dumb) Counting Cars, are almost impossible to watch. I predict Chumlee will have his own show here in the near future, and that will probably be the day I finally put my TV set out of it's misery by shooting it.

Don

It just shows the mentality of the american viewing public!!!:eek:
Nice job BED....btw...the last ford pickup I sold only fetched $400...guess I should have held out for more...:D

the b.s. in the reality shows and other shows.

the b.s.in the supposed reality are a little over the top the cop shows, the shows that bring back the same people over and over again, the plot lines BORING . I will bet you did not i new where shift key was; i do i am just lazy. my rant. robertbandit[dr[dr[dr

I saw Chumlee on top gear and he isn't near the village idiot the show portrays him to be.
I watch American Restoration but it's still stupid. The son and those other 2 bozos ripping stuff apart, then all they show is the sandblasting and paint booth, not any of the actual restoration. And the prices, whoa!!, and people always pay. Like 2500 to restore that pedal tractor?? Pulleeze, I have the catalog to get all the parts and decals and could charge shop labor and do that for $300 or so. Plus the tractor is only worth $500 restored, tops, not $3500 like they said. Same with that little MOBO horse, a friend has a very nice original one hanging in his antique store for $395 and it's been there for months, I'm sure he would take 3 bills.

I was watching that yesterday. A nice Testerossa with 10,000 original miles barely broke 50G and all the belly button 69 Cameros are bringing more than that, WTH???

I've seen the Monkey's stuff and they do decent work but there are plenty of guys on this forum that put them to shame! Just the fact that they have a show shows how bogus all those shows are! Haven't seen one of them that was really worth watching except for maybe Wayne Carini, he's like the real deal and has been in biz for a long time!

And Devil, you do really beautiful work! Maybe you should have a show! [ddd

Toad

i have tried to watch the show, but just can't do it. i think some of the others are even worst.

Me too the only one I like now is is is hum I guess there ain't one guess I will just have to hang in the garage and build my own. I know lets all get video cameras and tape ourselves real guys building real cars now that would be good tv

Latest posts

Back