new guy from springfield, mo

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoggyrubber

hello,
i'm on several other boards but this one looks like a blast, and a lot of good info. i am mainly into hudsons, older chevy trucks, inline sixes, old tools and vintage car stuff. i have a 53 hudson hornet i am almost done with, a 63 chevy with a mildly souped up 292, a 64 chevy wrecker- the daily driver, a 28 essex project not yet started, and 3 other hudson parts cars.
i wanted to join just to learn. i want to put into practice some of the stuff i have seen on here on my essex build when i start. i have welded for years and rebuilt 4 inline engines from ground up. i however still have a lot to earn.
i just turned 40 and can be slow at times! ;) i can't type or spell well. i am a little slanted toward originality. i was a teen in the 80's so i always felt the neon street rod's were a quite a bit over done. i don't have enough money to be a true restorer and i don't want to have something so nice i might cry if i scratch it. i basicly just like old stuff, but i really get a kick out of the modifications some do. thanks for having me aboard!

Last edited:
here is a picture of the 53 hornet from about 4 weeks ago. i have it up in the air puttinga muffler on and motor mount. still have about 20 things or so before it is completly done.

Attachments

• 100_3069.jpg
    100_3069.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 19
here is a picture of my 64 wrecker. i made the wrecker boom and the bed. the sides are removable. the boom telescopes and can work single or double line. i also made a cradle which i rarely use. this picture is a couple of years old.

Attachments

• 100_0050.jpg
    100_0050.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Nothing wrong with painting it yourself, we all do pretty much, except for some of hte higher dollar cars on here with really nice paint.

I like that Hornet, that is just a cool looking car.

Hey Hoggyrubber

You sound like a real rat rodder from what you have posted already. My son lives in Lawrence Kansas...I am out to see him at least once a year...I love that part of the country for sure....you guys know how to live thats for sure.

A Hudson fan too???....my dad owned several during his lifetime....I like also you do 6 cylinders too...way too many 350 Chevys around these parts....my rat rod has a 6 cylinder also...

Welcome from the land of salt and rust (upstate NY)...

MikeC

thank you all.

i did grind the whitewalls for myself a couple of years back. the tires are really a little small for the truck, looks wise. i just used some cheap $5 each used tires, i don't put a lot of miles on that 63.

as far as being a real rat rodder i don't know if i would say that. i don't know if i'm a original enough to be that. i do enjoy driving the old stuff though, and i really get a kick out of doing stuff myself. and i only drive old stuff, well my wife has a '89 car, sometimes she lets me drive it. :D

Latest posts

Back