Junk

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papamike

Got a letter from the City today saying they dont allow junk scattered in backyards that you can see from the alley. I thought i had it neatly stacked.

Attachments

• 20130211_165545.jpg
    20130211_165545.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 60
Well, my advice is to get along with them. If you try to butt heads, it just gets harder (Resistance always creates more resistance, when pushed people tend to push back) Ask them how you can arrange it in a fashion they like.
Around here they only do stuff like that when someone complains, maybe you have a huffy neighbor who isn't getting any "lovin" and has to take his.her frustrations out by narcing out fun loving folks.

I can drive to texas rid you of that junk. That looks like a really nice collection of antique rare metals you have there.

I agree that it's art. Hang it up or plant flowers around it.

I used to derby a lot and have been down this road many times. In my case they had a right to complain. I let it get out of hand but my town had a lot more issues then my junk that needed more attention then me. It got ugly between us because they made rediculous request from me. I could only have one recreation vehicle, NO kid toys in the yard, and no firewood in the yard. I finally just told them to take me to court. I've never heard from them again.

It's not the car parts they're bitching about :confused:
It's the house wrap you put up and now they can't see what you're doing [ddd

The local code enforcement officer must have been

having a bad day.....that little bit of stuff is nothing.....I'm waiting for the township to get on me about some of the kids stuff on the side of the barn....maybe they are extending me some professional courtesy....[S LOL

like has been said, it's almost always someone complaining. my neighbor was going to sell his house years back and he went on a long tiraid about how he could sell it faster than any real estate agent. well it sat for months, then i started to get complaints from the city. one was my bobcat sitting at my house, had to move it inside the garage, next something else. didn't take long to figger out who was gripping because he thought it was hurting his sale. and none of it was bad looking stuff. soon as the house sold- at a big discount, it all stopped. i always thought way to go neighbor, instead of being straight up and asking me to move something till the house sells, go and complain to city!

I put it all on craigslist including some patch panels and a couple more doors. i dont have time to work on any of my projects now since i started my own business. Ive been working 7 days a week 9-10 hours per day and still 3 weeks behind. Im not complaining though once i get established and hire some more guys it will be easier "just me and my 21 year old son in law now" and he turns dumb at 3 pm.;)

I feel your pain......

Im not complaining though once i get established and hire some more guys it will be easier "just me and my 21 year old son in law now" and he turns dumb at 3 pm.;)

That 7 day a week thing gets old quick....hope that you can get some more bodies soon....in the mean time...more coffee.....:D As for the 21 year old....seems to be a youngin thing.....here too.... never met so many clock watchers in my life...lol

Hired the 24 year old acroos the street and he missed the first day, late the third day, missing in action the fourth day and quit on friday.[S

Work???? Oh....I have to work too???!!!

Sounds like the typical "I want as much money as I can make, all the benefits that you can give me and I want to do as little as I can to make it". Syndrome..... LOL.

My son is 25 he quit working with me back in june because what was going on at the previous company we worked for, but now he helps me in the afternoons after puting in his 8 hrs and he is there for me on weekends. I would like to get him back full time but i cant pay him what his father in law does. apparently there is a lot of moolah in adjusting truck scales.

Sounds like your son is the exception to the rule...

I've gotta say my two boys 27 and 24 work their butts off and I'd like to think that was engrained in their DNA... :D

Latest posts

Back