A Hupmobile ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the process of rearranging some stuff. The Hup is going in the back garage until building season. This is the first time I've seen it outdoors. Getting a good idea of the proportions. Seems okay to me, bodywise. The frame looks too long out the front but that is to allow for the parallel leaf spring front end.

Attachments

• IMG_2983.jpg
    IMG_2983.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 39
Snow on the roof this morning. It's time to start the winter build. Jerry and Dave helped me move cars around and now the Hupmobile roadster takes center stage. As you can see, the Crosley and the dragster are bundled up for a while.

Attachments

• IMG_3099.jpg
    IMG_3099.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3101.jpg
    IMG_3101.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3100.jpg
    IMG_3100.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 31
Snow arrrggg where are you Bob? Geeeze I hate the stuff. I'm in the Northern most part of NJ up at the NY border. High elevation....raining everywhere else, snowing here.

You have a lot of projects going on.... I'm trying to just get one done.. LOL

The rear end and suspension is reinstalled for the final time. Spent today assembling the front brakes. They are 1937 Chevy units as is the front axle. Not the best. I did find shoes and wheel cylinders at Rock Auto. Remember, my objective is to use up parts I've got laying around and keep the spending to a minimum.

Attachments

• IMG_3102.jpg
    IMG_3102.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3103.jpg
    IMG_3103.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3104.jpg
    IMG_3104.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 39
I hear ya on using up parts laying around. Upon viewing a rack behind the barn with several axle assemblies, both front and rear, I automatically started thinking about what I could put together to use up the spares so they didn't just fade away.:rolleyes:

Looking good Bob. I just looked back thru this thread, great build.

The next to days will bd really nice but back to "building season" on Monday!

Hey oneeye, nice to from you.

Thanks for following along, guys. And thanks for the positive comments.

The front axle, springs, shocks, brakes etc. are installed. Now mocking up brake lines. I had several somewhat bent brake lines laying around. Straightened them and they fit just fine.

One thing I couldn't find used was four bolt 15" wheels. Had to order some new ones from Summit. That hurt the wallet.

Attachments

• IMG_3109.jpg
    IMG_3109.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3110.jpg
    IMG_3110.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3111.jpg
    IMG_3111.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 38
Plugging away at it. Brake lines, fuel line and wiring from the back are in place. Dropped the engine and trans in place today. Used, free 305 from my friend Dave. Used 350th from Marketplace. This is a budget build. Got to lengthen the drag link. Haven't been able to spend much time on it because of fall leaf management. Beautiful weather here though. We need rain.
I sent a PM to Torchie a few days ago. No reply. Darn.

Attachments

• IMG_3113.jpg
    IMG_3113.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3114.jpg
    IMG_3114.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 26
Nice on the progress..... bad news no answer from Torchie.

If you guys pray, pray he gets better or goes quick without any pain.
Better to be here with us....but not in pain.

Latest posts

Back