New Rat from Asheville, NC

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tablebeast

I am new to the forum and new to Rat Rods. I have had several Mopar and Pontiac muscle cars, Datsun sportscars, and a good share of ratty 80's pickups, but I just bought my first rat rod project. It is a 53 Chevy 1/2 ton on an 82 frame with 350/350/posi. I bought it as a barely running project and now need to get it roadworthy. I'd love to talk to anyone in the area interested in classic cars and especially rat rod pickups.

Attachments

• IMG_2412.jpg
    IMG_2412.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 17
Welcome from the snowy state of Michigan...again!!

Welcome to the RRR and please, front views too....LOL the full monte..

Wow, thanks for the greeting guys! I will get some more as it progresses. I couldn't get far enough away to get one this time because it was parked real close to a workbench. I have figured out one thing since I bought it, though. It is NOT an early 55! It is more likely a 53. Problem is, I have a title and VIN plate that say it is an early 55. So, now in addition to working on the car I get to do my favorite: dealing with title BS! How do you guys deal with lost /missing /incorrect titles/VINs?

Latest posts

Back