Rear wheel seal leak

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mountain

So I pulled my 56 International PU out of where it has been sitting on a slight incline for about a week and it looks like most of the rear gear oil has leaked out the rear pass wheel seal. Can anyone tell me what my options are? Would a new bearing and a seal fix this? I have to tear into it I guess and see what it looks like, I am just trying to do some homework to speed up the process. Thanks for any help!

Yeah....play in the bearing causes the axle to

leak...plus it plays he!! with the seal itself....premature failure...but you say it lost most of the fluid? unless it was on an angle toward the axle tube on that side.... I'd say it could be overfull of fluid and filled the axle tube way over the norm.....would or could cause leakage.....just a thought....

Check the air vent. When it plugs up with dirt and oil residue it allows the rearend to pressure up and push the lube past a seal that otherwise may not leak if the rearend can breathe.

Latest posts

Back