Normal Brake Pedal Travel?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Couper

RRR Supportor
Hey Guys,

Well since I have the steering column in and am waiting for the steer clear to get here I decided to work on the brake pedal linkage / lever cause what i fabricated is going to hit the steer clear.

I moved the "reach over the frame rail" to down below at the shaft bearing point versus where I had it which was towards the firewall. This is going to much better anyway.

My question is once the master is full of brake fluid and the system full what can i expect in pedal travel? My car has a couple inches but it's a hung pedal versus thru the floor. Just trying to make sure I have enough travel space.

Some pictures tomorrow....I'm ready to fall on me face.

Thanks

You have to allow enough travel that if a line blows front or rear the pedal will drop half its travel plus what ever travel it need to apply the remaining system, if that's the rear, and they are drums, adjusted loosely it could take almost the full stroke of the master.:eek:

Hmmmm. Disc's all around. I can have 5" of pedal travel which relates to about 1 1/4" of shaft travel.

Thinking it thru some, I'm using the original pedal / lever that came with the set up and it seems that the 1 1/4 or so is about all you would get in linear travel of the rod before lever arcs up.....so i think I'm ok.

Latest posts

Back