Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Builds!

Builds! Post your project here... show us what you're up to! Please Note: This section is for "Builds" ONLY!

Old 05-23-2020, 07:10 PM
Crusty Rusty Old Rat Rodder!

Don, in the first post on this thread you said that you weren't going for a show car finish. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but..................you are going to have one..
Old 05-24-2020, 09:54 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruno View Post
Don, in the first post on this thread you said that you weren't going for a show car finish. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but..................you are going to have one..

Old 06-01-2020, 05:35 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Haha, I am not exactly CAPABLE of a show car finish, which is why I do all of mine in satin ! However, I am getting better at block sanding, and my right arm is a lot bigger than my left one these days.

I got the passenger side door primed with high build, let it cure a couple of days, and then block sanded it again. I THOUGHT I had it pretty straight before the priming, but, as you can see in the pictures, there were a lot of high and low spots that I was able to flatten out pretty well.

Next step is to sand a little more, then shoot a couple more coats of primer on. My Harbor Freight guns that I have been using for primer do not have a big enough orifice to shoot the high build through, and I have been getting a lot of dryness in the primer coats. So, I had a gift certificate from my ex wife at Christmas for Summit Racing, and I ordered a gun that has a 2.3 opening instead of the 1.8 I have been using. Hopefully, I will get a wetter, more even coat of primer with this gun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC08181.jpg (40.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08182.jpg (59.7 KB, 16 views)