"Bickle" 1948 3100

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the little things that drive my crazy. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that has that kind of luck.

The trucks looking great, Keep beating on it.

The AD trucks are a pain. I done a 47 Ford pickup and they're worse, if you can believe it. The upper part of the door doesn't have the opening like the AD

All window regulators are a pain. Lol
Went to replace the power window motor on a 72 Eldo convertible I used to own.
You had to drill through the inner door skin to get one of the bolts that held the mechanism in.
I think that they put all the internals in the door BEFORE they skinned it at the factory.
I have seen many regulator shafts like that. Seems like people used that window handle as a way to close the door or something.
You will be happy you fixed it the “right “ way.😎
Torchie

yeah it was a pain, but worth it in the end!

hoods on. no springs just yet, got it adjusted perfect!

attachment.php

plugging away inside, got all the harnesses and equipment stowed underdash. found the missing shifter cable clip, i keep stuff in washed out pickle jugs based on where I take it apart, so an interior one, an underhood, a bed, etc. when I took it apart outside, someone inadvertently kicked the jug over and I didnt notice the staple was missing till a few months ago. found it outside on the ground!

attachment.php

attachment.php

if you dont put that staple in, a couple shifts and the plastic cable mount breaks!

bagged and taped up the gauge cluster and put it over the brake pedal mount, on the OBDII truck it has to be installed or it sets a trouble code in the PCM for a missing serial device, and the alternator wont charge. I could program it out, but no need, it fits.

attachment.php

attachment.php

set up the defrost and face vents (now venT), shortened the glovebox too.

attachment.php

vent points out the speaker opening like intended.

attachment.php

installed the controls and the bilge blower for a test

attachment.php

engine running, ac blows cold, all vacuum door modes (defrost/heat/face) work! woop!

here is a picture I found looking in the archives, from 2016, first time I saw this truck!

attachment.php

more to come!

Attachments

• IMG_7808.jpg
    IMG_7808.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_7809.jpg
    IMG_7809.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_7806.jpg
    IMG_7806.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_7807.jpg
    IMG_7807.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_7810.jpg
    IMG_7810.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_7813.jpg
    IMG_7813.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_7815.jpg
    IMG_7815.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_6437.jpg
    IMG_6437.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_7814.jpg
    IMG_7814.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 66
gracias mi amigos!

put in the small trans bump, some jute, and some carpet.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

HVAC controls at home.

attachment.php

woulda done more but ran out of screws.

Attachments

• IMG_7822.jpg
    IMG_7822.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7826.jpg
    IMG_7826.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7823.jpg
    IMG_7823.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7821.jpg
    IMG_7821.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 34
thanks bill but you shouldnt, your truck is built with so many more cool features and such great attention to detail, I am just banging rocks over here, daily driverish :)

thanks fellas! OI rocks they all are haha.

more finish work. I need a glovebox latch, running low on those kinds of pieces.

can anyone spot the inconsistency? I will mail the first guy a la croix pamplamousse (my favorite canned beverage) and a 50 cent piece (stores are giving out 50 cent pieces, change shortage).

attachment.php

its not the mirror, by the way, that is a car piece made to mount to the DASH but I put a 5/16 weld nut on the windshield garnish and bobs your uncle.

attachment.php

wipers, center bar, mirror.

attachment.php

I have a good torque testing arm, I can tell when a cowl vent is going to break instead of break loose. this one someone else can fiddle with, the truck has working AC. silicone works just fine.

attachment.php

seam sealed and then undercoated the seam sealant, blends in fine to the bedliner on the s10 bed floor.

attachment.php

I may put the original bed wood back in minus all the spiders. or maybe leave the bedlined floor, it looks super classy. just little stuff left, front bumper, door panels, (inside) visor.

tomorrow is honey hole travel! maybe pics!

Attachments

• IMG_7830.JPG-10.jpg
    IMG_7830.JPG-10.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_7836.jpg
    IMG_7836.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_7827.JPG-12.jpg
    IMG_7827.JPG-12.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7839.jpg
    IMG_7839.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7837.jpg
    IMG_7837.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 52
I'm not sure about inconsistencies, but in the first picture why is there a BFH ratchet strapped to the hood? [S[S

ooo good eye, but not what i was meaning. that was the hood center trims last chance to lay flat without a weld. it failed haha.

Latest posts

Back