Here's for you guys with a spare $135K layin' around!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that is amazing. My anxiety would be thru the roof owning something that nice. It's beautiful but I just couldn't own it.

wtf

what the hell makes that thing worth that kind of money? the names? i'd be embarrassed to let people know i paid that much for it.

The only monster garage episode I have ever watched was the one where he had all the old time custom car guys that were left at the time chop and build a 53? Chevy.
I heard him say at the end of the show that the car would stay with him to his grave. A couple of months later it was in the auction block.
Having said that...
I could buy several cars I liked better for that price.
Torchie

I don't get the celebrity worship. It doesn't Make the thing they touched worth more. Would you buy buy used toilet paper because someone famous had wiped their but with it?[S[S[S

I don't like either one of them. Teutul is a loud mouth blowhard who built a bunch of junk. James is just an a$$. I'll give them $5,000 for it if they will deliver:D

what the hell makes that thing worth that kind of money? the names? i'd be embarrassed to let people know i paid that much for it.

Jesse has a name for a reason, and building a car in a high end shop isn't your local backyard garage. The amount of work it takes to get a car to this level is staggering, and it isn't anyone's job to give away free labor.

I don't like either one of them. Teutul is a loud mouth blowhard who built a bunch of junk. James is just an a$$.

TV personalities are just as manufactured as the fake drama & storylines. I have met both of these men in person and I can assure you, they are nothing like the characters they play on television.

Those expensive builds by high end shops generally are greatly discounted after they are shown for a few years.

Never met either man but they sure played their parts well on TV.

The only monster garage episode I have ever watched was the one where he had all the old time custom car guys that were left at the time chop and build a 53? Chevy.

https://kustomrama.com/wiki/The_Old_School_Chevy

TV personalities are just as manufactured as the fake drama & storylines. I have met both of these men in person and I can assure you, they are nothing like the characters they play on television.

Dr C likes this ^^^

Jesse has a name for a reason, and building a car in a high end shop isn't your local backyard garage. The amount of work it takes to get a car to this level is staggering, and it isn't anyone's job to give away free labor.

[cl Good points, BED.

BED, I want to underline something you said. "It isn't anyone's job to give away free labor." [Well, except home shop builders]. Home shop builders continually give away most of their labour, and then whine about the high end guys wanting to be paid for theirs. ---- Everyone should get paid for their labour.

I wouldn't buy that car at that price, though, because it isn't my colour and the proportions are not pleasing to me. The workmanship is there though.

Eh, I've seen cars I like better at lower prices. Never was a fan of quad headlights on most cars, don't like one that is channeled so much the tires are above the deck lid. Those seats look uncomfortable, too. And I hate white vehicles! :eek: Spent too many days in a white truck, {got one now :rolleyes:}, sun reflecting back in your face, blinding you, yuk. Resale red would have been better.:cool:

I don't doubt the work is top notch, but a car like that has a limited appeal. Run it across the auction block and see what it's really worth. Probably in the five figure range.

Latest posts

Back