The First Rat Rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fascinating! Loved the part about the axle. Also, his being involved with Zap comics of which I have a few.

Lot of hot rod history there.😎
I was in a local parts store once when I guy came in and claimed that he was the one that invented satin paint jobs. Who knows. Maybe he did.😳
Torchie

Interesting article but I'm with Toad, first[S

Right! Lots of guys had cars in primer etc! Most guys put all their money in go fast parts! I know paint was the very last thing I spent money on! :D

Zipper

Right! Lots of guys had cars in primer etc! Most guys put all their money in go fast parts! I know paint was the very last thing I spent money on! :D

Zipper

...which is exactly where I am at. I wanted to duplicate what I had seen as a teen in the 60's.

Zipper

The difference being planning to paint it eventually. He is claiming he was the first that planned to keep it in primer and never paint it. Making it the first intentional rat rod if that's true.

Latest posts

Back