Cars of RRR. Post Your Pics Here.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it got its nose bent a little in shipping. :(

Let me know if it is not satisfactory.

Nice little ride. :D

Cool truck E-man, looks good.....is that all the pics we get:D

Don't have a picture of it but the bed flips back to access the radiator and trans cooler. Thanks FBP

42-3_zps0oh5pukn.jpg

E-man, you have a sneaky way of debuting your builds so you don't get much attention. You did a great job creating the truck. tell us more about it.

E-man, you have a sneaky way of debuting your builds so you don't get much attention. You did a great job creating the truck. tell us more about it.

No Bob i did a great job of coming up with the $5900 to win it on ebay :D
With all my old stuff i still didn't have a good candidate for an A/C kit. This one came with a new sbc crate engine and radiator in the back making the a/c installation easy. No more having to drive a Nissan to work.
yahoo.gif

my rambler roadster

about 4 years ago i wanted a roadster, but all i had in the yard was a 1961 rambler american. i've wrenched and modified cars for a long time, but this is my first hot rod... though hardly traditional.

for no good reason i like these early Rambler American unibodies -- they are basically a '56 Nash Rambler worked over and re-fendered for the "new" AMC in 1958. it's got Nash's over the top construction quality, and Nash's stodgy old styling and barely post war performance.

anyway i removed all the bad things, kept the good ones, did some substantial chassis mods, removed 850 lbs of unnecessary. 2400 lbs with me in it and a tank of gas.

unless you're familiar with the little "breadbox" Americans it may not be fulyl obvious how modified it is. front valance is hand made, fenders half handmade, DOM between the A and B pillars (before i took the roof off! lol :).

it's had two engines (both nashcan 195.6 OHV), most recently very nicely built by a local big-block builder (forged pistons, balanced, etc), four transmissions (tow T96 with OD, a T14, now a T5 from MDL), two axles (old rambler 'big nut' axle now a narrowed Mustang).

i drive the snot out of it. multiple rallies (LeMons Rally! (not race) twice now), local TT's, ...

it's got an all electronic cooling system, two years of work.

i guess it's a rat rod -- for each problem/feature i took the straightest path to solid no-******** reliability and my version of good looks. i used a lot of industrial techniques and materials, as well as car stuff. i FKN H8 BILLET ANYTHING, lol (ymmv).

the only 'rambler' DNA left is the engine, front suspension (though it's highly modded) and what's left of the unibody.

roadster%20at%20trona%20pinnacles%20top%20open.jpg

my project page is waaay behind ... http://www.sensitiveresearch.com/1961-Rambler-Roadster/index.html

I just realized that I never posted my Ford on this thread. Here's one for those who don't read the "Build" threads... :D

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCF3201.jpg
    DSCF3201.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 63

Latest posts

Back