Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > The "BS" Lounge

The "BS" Lounge Off topic posts & general stuff with no category! You talkin' to ME?!?!?!

Old 05-22-2018, 08:37 AM
He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!

Not to belittle the torrential rain ya'll had but in my mind, nothing looks more ridiculous than standing knee deep in water holding an umbrella...
Old 05-22-2018, 08:50 AM
Please stand by.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallfoot View Post
Not to belittle the torrential rain ya'll had but in my mind, nothing looks more ridiculous than standing knee deep in water holding an umbrella...
Ha.. in his defense, probably wasn't thinking to clearly after seeing his car
three feet deep in water......
Old 05-22-2018, 10:31 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

I'd bet at least a couple inches of that water was tears. My gosh, what a sad thing to see.

The thing about a '39 Ford pick-up is that that ugly grille kinda' grows on ya' after a while.

Not taking anything too seriously.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:51 AM

Did this occur as a flash flood or what?
Old 05-22-2018, 10:57 AM

We've had rain for 6 or 7 days here and the water is as far as it can get without starting across the roads around here. I know things work a lot differently in other areas due to geography but even in our low areas here, it would take some time to back up like that. We are still in our dry time of year and this is unusual. We are starting into the hurricane season soon and right now it would catch us in a bad way to have one of those rip up thru here...with this much water on the ground already, things will get interesting around here.
Old 05-22-2018, 03:21 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
We've had rain for 6 or 7 days here and the water is as far as it can get without starting across the roads around here. I know things work a lot differently in other areas due to geography but even in our low areas here, it would take some time to back up like that. We are still in our dry time of year and this is unusual. We are starting into the hurricane season soon and right now it would catch us in a bad way to have one of those rip up thru here...with this much water on the ground already, things will get interesting around here.
i have always wondered at how we are all pretty much cool with out local disasters, while being terrified with the ones in other people's back yards. Volcanoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, lightening, locust, frogs, floods, tsunamis, politicians, crazy people...

The thing about a '39 Ford pick-up is that that ugly grille kinda' grows on ya' after a while.

Not taking anything too seriously.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:30 PM
Please stand by.......

Quote:
Did this occur as a flash flood or what?
Sort of... the story I got Smalls was.... grounds crew just put out a bunch of new mulch and it plugged up the drains...the other story was that they covered all the drains so no one would trip or fall because of one....
Old 05-22-2018, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
i have always wondered at how we are all pretty much cool with out local disasters, while being terrified with the ones in other people's back yards. Volcanoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, lightening, locust, frogs, floods, tsunamis, politicians, crazy people...
Normally, the only two things I'd worry about in your list is the last two.
On a brighter note, authorities report that hunters have killed number 1000 of the python season in the everglades....please refer to the last two items of the previous list...