Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > The "BS" Lounge

The "BS" Lounge Off topic posts & general stuff with no category! You talkin' to ME?!?!?!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #7041  
Old 05-22-2018, 08:37 AM
smallfoot's Avatar
smallfoot smallfoot is offline
He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Flawda Flats
Posts: 4,535
Default

Not to belittle the torrential rain ya'll had but in my mind, nothing looks more ridiculous than standing knee deep in water holding an umbrella...
Reply With Quote
  #7042  
Old 05-22-2018, 08:50 AM
forbigpicture's Avatar
forbigpicture forbigpicture is offline
Please stand by.......
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: West by God Virginia
Posts: 4,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallfoot View Post
Not to belittle the torrential rain ya'll had but in my mind, nothing looks more ridiculous than standing knee deep in water holding an umbrella...
Ha.. in his defense, probably wasn't thinking to clearly after seeing his car
three feet deep in water......
Reply With Quote
  #7043  
Old 05-22-2018, 10:31 AM
Skip's Avatar
Skip Skip is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,259
Default

I'd bet at least a couple inches of that water was tears. My gosh, what a sad thing to see.
__________________
39 Ford PU Build. http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36459

The thing about a '39 Ford pick-up is that that ugly grille kinda' grows on ya' after a while.

Not taking anything too seriously.
Reply With Quote
  #7044  
Old 05-22-2018, 10:51 AM
smallfoot's Avatar
smallfoot smallfoot is offline
He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Flawda Flats
Posts: 4,535
Default

Did this occur as a flash flood or what?
Reply With Quote
  #7045  
Old 05-22-2018, 10:57 AM
smallfoot's Avatar
smallfoot smallfoot is offline
He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Flawda Flats
Posts: 4,535
Default

We've had rain for 6 or 7 days here and the water is as far as it can get without starting across the roads around here. I know things work a lot differently in other areas due to geography but even in our low areas here, it would take some time to back up like that. We are still in our dry time of year and this is unusual. We are starting into the hurricane season soon and right now it would catch us in a bad way to have one of those rip up thru here...with this much water on the ground already, things will get interesting around here.
Reply With Quote
  #7046  
Old 05-22-2018, 03:21 PM
Skip's Avatar
Skip Skip is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallfoot View Post
We've had rain for 6 or 7 days here and the water is as far as it can get without starting across the roads around here. I know things work a lot differently in other areas due to geography but even in our low areas here, it would take some time to back up like that. We are still in our dry time of year and this is unusual. We are starting into the hurricane season soon and right now it would catch us in a bad way to have one of those rip up thru here...with this much water on the ground already, things will get interesting around here.
i have always wondered at how we are all pretty much cool with out local disasters, while being terrified with the ones in other people's back yards. Volcanoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, lightening, locust, frogs, floods, tsunamis, politicians, crazy people...
__________________
39 Ford PU Build. http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36459

The thing about a '39 Ford pick-up is that that ugly grille kinda' grows on ya' after a while.

Not taking anything too seriously.
Reply With Quote
  #7047  
Old 05-22-2018, 06:30 PM
forbigpicture's Avatar
forbigpicture forbigpicture is offline
Please stand by.......
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: West by God Virginia
Posts: 4,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallfoot View Post
Did this occur as a flash flood or what?
Sort of... the story I got Smalls was.... grounds crew just put out a bunch of new mulch and it plugged up the drains...the other story was that they covered all the drains so no one would trip or fall because of one....
Reply With Quote
  #7048  
Old 05-22-2018, 09:26 PM
smallfoot's Avatar
smallfoot smallfoot is offline
He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Flawda Flats
Posts: 4,535
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
i have always wondered at how we are all pretty much cool with out local disasters, while being terrified with the ones in other people's back yards. Volcanoes, earthquakes, hurricanes, lightening, locust, frogs, floods, tsunamis, politicians, crazy people...
Normally, the only two things I'd worry about in your list is the last two.
On a brighter note, authorities report that hunters have killed number 1000 of the python season in the everglades....please refer to the last two items of the previous list...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Rat Rods Rule Inc.