A Little Miffed

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My technique is I don't hang around my car when it is in a show or at a cruise in. That way I don't hear what the critics and experts have to say about it.

I'm out walking around looking at other cars, not sitting by mine.

That's exactly what I do. I've started going to multiple shows in a day and not entering, just go and check out the cars and drive to the next in my truck. It is what it's made for, after all.

A recent show in my town was a fundraiser for the Food Bank, so I went for long enough to drop off a donation and see the other cars. When I went back to my truck and was leaving, a guy said "I hope you don't do anything to it!" I said "What would I do to it?" and laughed.

There's always opinions, I don't put any weight in them but get tired of hearing that I should have done something one way or another.

Never forget the 1st time I took the ol Daytripper to a car show!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Attachments

• daytripper.jpg
    daytripper.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 36
Opinions are like ....

Well we all know what opinions are like...and yes we all have them... unfortunately some think that theirs are the only ones that matter... can't worry about what some other guy thinks is cool... most here appreciate your build for the efforts you put in, the thought, and the unique approach to things... that's what's cool.. like it or not...and bottom line... your opinion is the one that really matters... JMHO

The first week of June in Steamboat is the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup. Not being much of a Ford guy and even less a Mustang guy, I only go about once every 3 years. This year I went and had the most enjoyable talk with a guy who had of all things a 74 Mustang II with a 2.9 V6 out of Merkur sporting after market Capri valve covers and a set of Fox body bucket seats. This guy was really down to earth, super nice and had no problem talking to me for a good 15,20 minutes. On the other hand, the guys with the GT 500 KR's were kind of full of themselves. I'll post the pictures I took soon. In the mean time, here's a link www.rockymountainmustangroundup.org

I wasn't even showing a car, I have nothing that met their under 65 rule. I just told the guy what I was working on, an 89 F150. I can' t imagine being in a car show and having someone actually mock your work. I don't like everything I see in a show but would never insult someone and appreciate their work. I am not making something to show. Just having fun with what I can afford. Jim

Forge on !!!!
I have an idea the reason for all the supporting comments/posts is most if not all of us have been in your place one time or another :)

I wasn't even showing a car, I have nothing that met their under 65 rule. I just told the guy what I was working on, an 89 F150. I can' t imagine being in a car show and having someone actually mock your work. I don't like everything I see in a show but would never insult someone and appreciate their work. I am not making something to show. Just having fun with what I can afford. Jim
And that, good Sir, is the heart of hot rodding. That's how it started. That is what will keep it alive. Bravo! [cl

Latest posts

Back