POR15 Metal Mask Has anyone try'd this?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAT FINK

I was wondering if anyone has try'd this product and what there results were...They say it looks like bare steel when its done and wondering if this is so...any feedback would be appreciated....I think eastwood also makes a product like this but it's more money....I am after a metal appearance on my chassis of my 32 ford build.

I was wondering if anyone has try'd this product and what there results were...They say it looks like bare steel when its done and wondering if this is so...any feedback would be appreciated....I think eastwood also makes a product like this but it's more money....I am after a metal appearance on my chassis of my 32 ford build.

just curious why you dont just go with baremetal and a sealer or something simiilar.

Yeah, I used it on the links of a four link setup I put on a Model A.....it looked really good in the beginning, but a little rust did show up after a few years.....just in the weld areas (as expected), If I remember correctly, I`d even clear coated them too.....

I`ve used POR in lots of different spots, with excellent results. All my frames are done wth it, top coated with chassis black, and they`ve held up really well. I also used their gas tank repair, again with excellent results. The Metal mask was the only one that`s disappointed me, and even then only slightly.

I hope this helps.

just curious why you dont just go with baremetal and a sealer or something simiilar.

I was thinking of that but clear is really not designed to go over bare steel...alot of people have done it but I don't know the longjivity of it...that's why I thought that this por15 metal mask would be great...also if I decided to fill a few inperfections on the welds with fibreglass that they wouldn't show???[S

Yeah, I used it on the links of a four link setup I put on a Model A.....it looked really good in the beginning, but a little rust did show up after a few years.....just in the weld areas (as expected), If I remember correctly, I`d even clear coated them too.....

I`ve used POR in lots of different spots, with excellent results. All my frames are done wth it, top coated with chassis black, and they`ve held up really well. I also used their gas tank repair, again with excellent results. The Metal mask was the only one that`s disappointed me, and even then only slightly.

I hope this helps.

Did u use the por15 clear or just automotive clear..also does it look like bare steel or something that was painted...how thick was it...I've heard itis pretty thin...[S

Latest posts

Back