Silver Panther Performance???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelseydum

Saw some super cheap new parts over on eBay that are in the Silver Panther Performance store. Their I-beam axles are really cheap but I'm wondering if they are just that..... Really cheap?

They haven't answered my questions yet and wondered if anyone has purchased anything from them or if you know where these axles are coming from? I'm just worried their cheap Chinese crap for the price they are and an axle is no place to be using questionable parts.

Here is a link to them.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/261404358857?varId&txnId

Probably drop shippers or may be the Hoffman Group has some new alias since there others keep getting found out...........

I took a chance on them and bought a cast finned aluminum flywheel cover and tranny pan from them. Of course it's chinese but they look OK, same stuff the other guys are selling only quite a bit cheaper.I just bought a finned aluminum air cleaner from them too, looks good, best price around.

I'm all for getting deals, just not on safety related items.
No one should compromise, in my opinion, on items that are structural or safety related.

Pay up and get a known american item here.

Air cleaners and dress up parts aren't so bad, but I could never let myself buy a part this important from some hack on the back of a truck. It may be a good deal but still scares me.... Especially when you read the very unprofessional description.

The interesting part is on buying from name dealers I have found the only difference is the name and price. on a couple of times I found the same inventory sticker on parts coming from a US parts house and a chinese co. on Ebay.

I just remember Donsrods, way way back, snapped a brand new chrome pitman arm that (if I remember correctly) was advertised as forged when it was cast and something about the chroming process weakened the cast metal. This must not happen with these vital parts... It's yours and others lives at stake.

Most of the parts they sell are critical, as in something I wouldn't want to take the chance of failing while driving. I read their negative and neutral reviews too. I'll stick to more recognizable products.

Latest posts

Back