Delco-Lovejoy front and rear shocks?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelseydum

The Delco-Lovejoy front and rear shocks on my Desoto are not seized at all and are in great shape. I've seen a place called Apple Hydraulics that will rebuild them for $165 (for the models I have) and for an extra $10 each they will use parts to beef them u quite a bit.

Had anyone come across a rebuild KIT? I would like to do them myself and use all four in my project, but even wih airbags all the way around I'm worried these shocks won't be enough for the 270Hemi I'm using. They are up there on coolness factor, but for a

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 47
That is a single action shock and does not provide the control of a good tube shock. If you are going to drive fast and furious a change to tobe shocks is a good idea. That being said, I'm using a similiar shock on the rear of my Reo project.

I'm wondering a bit about switching mine to a thicker weight oil or re-valving, I have Triumph TR-6 setups up front on my ride and they are a little under dampened..

Latest posts

Back